Will a Voodoo5 fit into a SN45Gv2?

On the Lam

Limp Gawd
I've always wanted a V5; last 3dfx card I had was a V3 2000. Many V5's available on ebay, but I remember that it was very long. Got my SFF set up to dual boot 98se/winxp, so some good classic gaming to be had, esp. with a voodoo card...

lol, good one;)

i never had a voodoo5 personally , but it does fit that tank of a card ti4600, so that's long but proly not v5 long?

doesnt that card run @ 2.5v? or something old school?

wont fit, and like mentioned the agp slot might not support it.

Onboard video is probably better then that card anyways.

Greg

I doubt onboard video is going to be better than the voodoo 5... it might not support as many games seeing as how it is extremely old, but I think it'd be more powerful than any onboard video solution at the moment.

Well, I won my Voodoo5 5500 auction on ebay. Gonna pick up locally, so at least I'll save on the shipping.

Thanks for all the replies; yes, until you mentioned it, I forgot about the AGP 3.3V old school voltage. What's the current AGP voltage for today's AGP cards? Is it 1.5V? I guess I'll use it in an old box.

Can anyone recommend some good old Glide games?

Unreal was good (well the multiplayer against bots - the single player got boring after a while)

On the Lam said:
Well, I won my Voodoo5 5500 auction on ebay. Gonna pick up locally, so at least I'll save on the shipping.

Thanks for all the replies; yes, until you mentioned it, I forgot about the AGP 3.3V old school voltage. What's the current AGP voltage for today's AGP cards? Is it 1.5V? I guess I'll use it in an old box.

Can anyone recommend some good old Glide games?

Tribes 1!

I still use a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP and it works fine for anything but the newest games out there... you can get 3rd party drivers that allow it to emulate nvidia and then you are flying... but yeah, its a beast... I dont see it fitting in any of the smaller cases :eek:

Ultima IX: Ascension was a great game.
although full of bugs when it shipped, patches fixed everything except direct3D.
It was natively glide, with direct3d added later, so the game runs better on a voodoo 2 than a geforce 3 :eek:

ctrudel said:
Tribes 1!

Hey, didn't they release Tribes 1 full game for free download? I think that was like a half year ago or something...got a link?

Never mind; searched and found a link...

On the Lam said:
Hey, didn't they release Tribes 1 full game for free download? I think that was like a half year ago or something...got a link?

Never mind; searched and found a link...

Like 4 months agao. Fileplanet has it. Make sure you use scripts. Check out www.tribalwar.com and get a ski script and other stuff

Hate to dash your hopes but a Voodoo 5 AGP connector is not compatible with the SN45G AGP slot.

I've already tried. :D

The card will fit in the case perfectly, but not in the slot. :(

Good idea though.

39.jpg

Voodoo 4 4500 works though. ;)

Picture%20001.jpg

I wonder why the hell they made the vd4s slot any diffrent.. just the voltage? I had wanted to do the same thing having a vd5 laying around :eek: Guess we will have to keep looking for PCI cards heh.

On the Lam said:
Thanks for the pics, foofighter06, very coo...

No prob man.

Are Voodoo 5 5500 PCI cards hard to find?

Cause that would prolly be the best way to go.

Although there is no way that would fit into the SN45G :( .

Cause the PCI card slot is behinde the AGP slot and only smaller cards would fit in it.

Back