Will a 7950GT do 1920x1080 well?

Focker

Gawd
Ordered a 7950gt & a Westinghouse 37" 1080p monitor.. is the card strong enough for the monitor? I've never been one to spend the $500 or so to get the best cards as I'm satisfied with 60fps instead of 120fps.

Doubt it. i think 1680 x 1050 would be the limit for this card to do almost everything turned up. The 8800GTS would be perfect.

CSS, Battlefield 2, well it doesn't support widescreen :( madden 07, fear, etc.

I have a 7950GT@651/1600 (GTX speed)

I would say FEAR no way unless you turn most of the eye candy off. As for the others, once again it depends on what you leave on but 1920x1080 would be push it a tad in general if you want a constant 40FPS+. That resoulution is more for the 8800's cards.

In my honest opinion, many of the games look uglier once you go over 1280x1024 as the textures are not designed for those higher resolutions in mind. But thats a personal observation, many will disagree I known.

Ok but will games look good if I lower the resolution on this monitor? (1920x1080 being it's native rez)

Focker said:
Ok but will games look good if I lower the resolution on this monitor? (1920x1080 being it's native rez)

I see what you are saying, I don't know anything about that monitor to make a valid comment.

I would say a lot of the new monitors do a good job of simulating outside there native mode, hence fuzziness is less and less of a problem, as for yours......

Thanks for the input, was just trying to validate my purchase more than anything lol. Sucks waiting for delivery. :D I'll let ya know how it goes, if anything I can sell the card to my brother and upgrade if need be. Or just play the 360 more than PC games.

Westinghouse...*shudder* Sorry to say, nothing but bad experiences from them. Had a 37" LCD HDTV, which crapped out after 5 days. Refunded, got the 32" LCD HDTV with the money (was on sale, better bang for my buck) and it lasted 2 weeks (in a completely different room/home theatre setup with all different cables + components). Refunded that too, and by that time I needed the money for other things...I blame Westinghouse for me not having an LCD HDTV!

Now...7950gt is a decently powerful card, and if you wait a few more months you can probably pick up a 2nd one cheap too and SLI it, which would run at 1920x1080 for sure!

which is why these guys are gonna come in handy. :) Repair Masters

EVERY manufacturer has bad apples here and there, and from reading this forum and newegg's reviews the westinghouse 37" is a very nice monitor for the price.

Back