Wikimedia Foundation Gets $500,000 Donation

HardOCP News

[H] News
Just a day or two after Wikimedia got a $3 million donation from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the organization is getting another $500,000 from venture capitalists Vinod and Neeru Khosla. Dang, I don’t have anyone on speed dial that could “give” me $500,000, Kyle and I still have to split the bill on a cheeseburger happy meal.

This is good news for an organization that has been recently criticized over its finances, particularly from those who say founder Jimmy Wales may have played a little fast and loose with the foundation's credit card when it came to personal expenses. The foundation's executive director, Sue Gardner, has strongly denied the charges, arguing that Wales did nothing wrong.

Just a day or two after Wikimedia got a $3 million donation from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the organization is getting another $500,000 from venture capitalists Vinod and Neeru Khosla. Dang, I don’t have anyone on speed dial that could “give” me $500,000, Kyle and I still have to split the bill on a cheeseburger happy meal.

Considering the rising costs of food, I'm not surprised. :p

Dang, I don’t have anyone on speed dial that could “give” me $500,000, Kyle and I still have to split the bill on a cheeseburger happy meal.

Yeah with gas at $3.49 a gallon, the Hummers, Camaros, etc. are sucking down the fuel pretty quick eh? :( Even my Hyundai is putting me in the poorhouse!

Steve and Kyle: are your golden shoes too tight? Are your wallets too small to fit all of your Benjamins? ;)

Yeah with gas at $3.49 a gallon, the Hummers, Camaros, etc. are sucking down the fuel pretty quick eh? :( Even my Hyundai is putting me in the poorhouse!

I have an LS1 Camaro that gets 12 mpg on a good day :( Even with removed emissions only 1-2mpg higher

I have an LS1 Camaro that gets 12 mpg on a good day :( Even with removed emissions only 1-2mpg higher

What is wrong with your camaro? My brothers 96 Trans Am with an LS1 with heads, cam, gears, and 4000 stall converter that doesn't lock up gets better gas mileage than that.

What is wrong with your camaro? My brothers 96 Trans Am with an LS1 with heads, cam, gears, and 4000 stall converter that doesn't lock up gets better gas mileage than that.

I have same minus the gears, 3000 stall, etc. I get horrible gas except on the highway

I have same minus the gears, 3000 stall, etc. I get horrible gas except on the highway

I've got 235 less HP at the wheels in my Formula than my brothers' Trans Am and I get frickin 10-15mpg. If I had a tad more money, I'd spring for an LS1/LS2 vs the sbc 355 that I am building.

Back