Wii U is the most dissapointing console I've ever owned.

I am also a terribly disappointed launch day WIi U owner. As already mentioned in this thread, next gen is not Nintendo's game. I honestly think Wii U will be Nintendo's last console. They will focus solely on handheld. They are just in over their heads vs MS and Sony when it comes to console gaming.
Focus on handheld AND make games for both premier systems. :D

You must not have been around in the days of the Jaguar, CD-I or the 3DO. If you could find one you probably couldn't afford it, and while there were some cool games, they definitely weren't worth $700.
I'm interested in the Wii U, but not at a $300 price point. I'll be inclined to purchase when it's $200 or less. My friend bought one at launch but never uses it.

The console is no where near a $700 price tag by any measure. Hell, I bought mine at launch and use it daily. Also, the Wii U has "officially" sold 3.91 million consoles. The Jaguar sold at most 250,000, the Philips CD-i sold 1 million, and the 3DO didn't even report a console sales number. The Wii U is pretty far away from those consoles in terms of sales, and Nintendo also isn't on the verge of bankruptcy like Atari or 3DO was.

Shit, if you think the Wii U is too expensive, then I guess you might want to reconsider gaming as a hobby.

You mean like everyone was saying that Nintendo's 3DS was going to be their last handheld, and that the market now belonged to Apple? Shit, I'm waiting for everyone to say, 6 months in the future, that the PS4 and Xbox One are done because they have so few games. The consoles are new. With how long the generations are supposed to last, I'd say that it's stupid and shortsighted to call a console "done" until 2 years have passed.

The Wii U is really my son's. It's been a year now and he has 5 games total. Mario Wii u and Luigi Wii U DLC, Sonic Allstars, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, and Mario 3D World. 3 are Nintendo and 2 are cross platform, and Mario 3D world just came out. This isn't the first console i've bought. I've been around a while. I understand patience and realistic expectations, but 5 games after 1 year. That's really really bad.

The console is no where near a $700 price tag by any measure. Hell, I bought mine at launch and use it daily. Also, the Wii U has "officially" sold 3.91 million consoles. The Jaguar sold at most 250,000, the Philips CD-i sold 1 million, and the 3DO didn't even report a console sales number. The Wii U is pretty far away from those consoles in terms of sales, and Nintendo also isn't on the verge of bankruptcy like Atari or 3DO was.

Shit, if you think the Wii U is too expensive, then I guess you might want to reconsider gaming as a hobby.

Apparently you misunderstood the point, which is that $300 for a system that already has some good games and is ever-so-slowly getting the big games can't possibly be as great a disappointment as spending $700 on a 3DO or the other systems I mentioned and essentially having nothing but crap to play for the life of the system. Nowhere did I insinuate that I'm poor as shit.

I was given a 3DO for Christmas. At the time it was incredible , it was the first optical drive based console I ever got and it has some very memorable games on it. It wasn't terrible it was poorly priced but regardless the only terrible gaming console I can even point to is the Nintendo Virtual Boy , headache inducing mess of a game system.

Otherwise you have to go back to the Atari era to check for horribly failed systems. If you bought a Wii U expecting multiplatform games then you really made an awful error and no one else is to blame but you. The Wii didn't have tons of great 3rd party games but it had wonderful first party titles. I don't get why people buy Nintendo consoles in modern times to be anything but vehicles for first party titles..

Back