Wife's Wireless Workstation - [H]otdog Theme!!

Shinare

Gawd
I finaly finished my Wife's wireless workstation today. For those of you who remember way back in the Windows 3.1 days there was a theme called "Hotdog" and basically it was BRIGHT red and BRIGHT yellow for everything. I named mine [H]otdog (with the hard H) becasue almost everything was either purchased off of this forum or I found out about the deal from this forum. Heres some pics:

wifefront.JPG

wifeside.JPG

I dont have any work in progress pics cuz you all probably know by now how to cut a window, make a home-made rounded cable and how to paint your computer. Also I just wanted to get it done (the wife nagging and all) :(

Specs:
--AMD Retail barton 2500+ $80 (told about the deal at newegg in the For Sale/Trade Thread whilst looking for one there)
--Albatron nForce2 IGP $79 (Also informed about the IGP in this forum but bought from newegg)
--Cheapass $20 case 300W PSU(from the [H]ot deals section)
--512MB PC2100 Generic $45 (from the For Sale/Trade forum)
--Integrated gForce MX video card
--42x CDRom (thrown in free with the RAM from FS/T forum)
--MSI 802.11b Wi-Fi PCI card $30 (only thing purchased not on forum)
--3x 80MM case fans (2 out one in)
--Dual Red CCFL's bright as the damn sun. $10
--20gb Hard Drive $25

Total cost was around $400 for hardware and modding supplies (ie paint, CCFLs, fans, plexi, molding, etc.) I had the keyboard/mouse and Monitor in my closet.

PS> There are 6 control and power buttons on the front of the monitor that I plan on making yellow in the near future but with rain rollin into OKC tonight I will have to wait till some other day to finish painting outside. Also plan on getting better air cooling, like SP-97 some day when money is not so tight or someone trades me for the SP-94 I bought when I thought this was going to be a P4 not an AMD.

Originally posted by Spinal
Looks pretty spiffy. I like it... what kind of paint did you use?

Duplicolor for the color and Krylon fast-drying clearcoat for the clearcoat.

Well it looks great. My girlfriend has been wanting a fun looking comp. So this gives me ideas. But yeah it look sgreat.

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh toooooooooo brighttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one

Ohhh I wish i was a Oscar Meyer weiner........You guys ever see the Weiner mobile, they drive it all around the US.

Originally posted by stringcheeseincident
that looks pretty cool. and jeeze, you got a decent setup for real cheap.

Yah, not too shabby, thanks! I haven't tried to OC yet, still waiting on the better air cooling but I imagine its gonna be pretty good. stepping on the barton is AQXEA.

sweet deal on the ram and cd-rom :-D

that looks really nice, absolutely awesome paint job.

and that computer is getting me hungry.

Back