Wi-Fi stopped working properly in my 5-year old DD-WRT Netgear N600 WNDR3700v2

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
I live in an apartment on the top-most floor (3rd), and the Wi-Fi on my Netgear N600 WNDR3700v2 is no longer working properly anymore (both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), but is still able to perform all other functions. I don't really want to spend money, but if I must the budget is $135 (about how much I spent on my router 5 years ago on Amazon).

Floor plan (544 sqft):
upload_2017-1-2_19-59-47.png

2.4 GHz spectrum at time of writing:
upload_2017-1-2_20-4-8.png

5 GHz (lower) spectrum at time of writing:
upload_2017-1-2_20-4-29.png

5 GHz (upper) spectrum at time of writing:
upload_2017-1-2_20-4-49.png

Options I've considered:

I like to keep an open mind and to benefit in research and opinion via community inquiry. Until I decide on something I'm just going to go the old fashioned way of wiring into the router for internet access.

Thanks.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm having issues with this exact router. My wifi signal keeps dropping every once in a while. I'm thinking about investing in a MU-MIMO router because of my 2 Fire Sticks and multiple laptops.

Dunno if they are similar but I had a Draytek that the wi-fi started going bad. Turned out the Wi-fi card in the router was burning out. A lot of routers have a separate card in them. They can be swapped out.

My vote would be to get a Ubiquity UAC PRO. But instead of running the management server from a VM, you could use a Raspberry Pi. Later down the road you can get one of their security gateways which will tie in nicely with the AP you'd already be running and the management server.

I'm running a UAC-AC-LR and a pfSense firewall running on a PCEngines APU2.

Back