Why is my GPU running x8?

I have a z490 mobo with 11700k and.my GPU is stuck at x8. I have a nvme as boot and a 2tb nvme as games drive and X1 sound card. I thought z490 would have enough pcie lanes to still run x16 on GPU and I haven't set any alter.configs to run nvme as pci. So what could cause this to happen? I have seen it run x16 in the setup I have. Ghost GPU? Ghost nvme? Something is eating my pci lanes I know I have enough lanes with lanes to spare with this setup.

U mean look and see with no GPU does it drop to x16? I mean even with only 1 GPU it should still run at x16 correct?

yes, if thats all thats in there. anything else is going to use lanes. did you read the post/thread, did you goggle z490 lanes?
Or read the manual, I'm sure it explains in there about PCI lanes and what happens when you populate both m.2 slots.

Yeah I'm trying to look up the pci lane of my motherboard.. I have 2 names which should run x4 a peice and a X1 sound card but I have seen the GPU still run at x16 I don't have pci gen 4 nvme but I can't find the listing

Yeah I'm trying to look up the pci lane of my motherboard.. I have 2 names which should run x4 a peice and a X1 sound card but I have seen the GPU still run at x16 I don't have pci gen 4 nvme but I can't find the listing

Back