Why did you stop playing bf2?

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
this is no flaming , so if you wish to go AWOL , its not the place.

I want to know why people stopped playing bf2?( if you did stopped)

I had many friends playing bf2 , but most of them dont play anymore , or maybe on some rare occasion ( read here scrims) . Even me i dont play it anymore , but it was gradually .

I think i dont play it anymore because of the lack of new maps , i think the patch are not release often enough( i was used to it by the many release trauma studios : Desert combat gave me), and the ranking system.

so why did you stopped?

Honestly it was too buggy for me...plus the lag because it eats up so much memory. I dont wanna spend an extra 100 bucks for ram just for one game. Another reason i stop was counter-strike 1.6 its too fun. :p

oblivion...

thats one thing i didnt think about .... but you stopped yesterday? oh well...

anyone has a better story?

I'm just so busy I don't have the time to play it. When I do have time to play a game I usually only have about 30 minutes and that just isn't long enough for BF2. It seemed like it took almost 10 minutes just to load and find a game.

1- Because it was boring

2- Because it runs like garbage

3- Because the Net-code runs like garbage

4- Because it was boring

I stopped for quite a while a month or so before Special Forces came out. The maps where just stale to me. I wasn't doing any other gaming either though.

Once I got Special Forces, I started playing again, but just Special Forces, no plain BF2. I still dig some of those maps a lot. I didn't play as obsessively, but plenty.

Then Euroforces came out and I'm playing again. I got annoyed by airpower on one of the big EF maps and went back to play some SF as a response (it rocked) and even played a round of Karkand vanilla, and then back to EF. There is a kick ass infantry map in EF called Great Wall which I love, so I'll be looking for that. 16 player version, with 32 players. It's like a good old FPS again, and sweet looking to boot!

1. grenade launcher(they can bounce off walls but not the ground?)
2. maps not big enough.
3. too buggy.. i don't know how they can even think of starting a new game when bf2 is this buggy.
4. the whoring of the expansions.

Too many other games to play. BFME 1 and 2, Call of Duty 2, NFSMW......etc....

Horribly buggy and unstable the first month and even a little afterwards.

Even after the fact that it was an incomplete, EA decided to release an expansion. Wtf?

I'm good.

I stopped playing because I lost the damn install/play disc and EA was being a bitch about hooking me up with a new one.

Comcast/ATT issues

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15556763

I live in Sacramento, a stone's throw from the Arco Arena and my pings have been low 20's to 20,000's. Ventrilo pings that are usually 15-20 are now 60-300 and spikes even higher. I remember my cable modem lossing its connection a few times prior to this lag issue. Cant play online, sufficently large file downloads (ie agea hd physX demos) frequently "time out".

So now I got the time to play the single player games I didn't finish cause I didn't have the box to play them well.

I stopped to come to work today. Must get home soon.

I probably would have stopped if I didn't find 21CW. They run a great tournament with a mod that make the game fun for me.

i stopped for a few reasons

1) punkbuster, i would always have problems with it about a version incompatable, when everyone else i played with had hte same thing and no on had a problem
2) the maps i like lag like crazy, warlord comes to mind
3) like said by previous poster, the whoring of "booster:" packs
4) time
5) oblivian
6) kinda lost intrest, not huge on fps

i do still pop in for a game when some friends are on, but thats if we can get into the same server with out any issues

oh and i have run into a lot of crap admins that are boot happy

The load times, the stuttering, broken server browser after how many updates? and every little content update costs money now. I regret buying SF.

I lost interest. I'm not heavy enough into gaming to get into the whole clan thing, and BF2 is so heavy on teamwork, playing on a normal server its so hard to accomplish stuff.

I'm back to playing DC final.

Because they insist on segmenting the user base. Special Forces and EuroForces should just be patches, then everyone can play nice on the same server without getting booted off because they're on the 'wrong' map.

I also hate the ranking system, not the principal but the fact that I pay an ass load of money for a 64 player ranked server and can only use like 10 maps and using anything other than those 10 maps makes the server become 'unranked' and so 'unused'

I stopped, but now I am playing again.
Stoped playing in 1.1, started playing again in 1.2.

I have been playing so much that in 48 Hours of game time, I am half to the score I was when I quit (I had to start a new account), I had over 200 hours when I quit.

I was tired of it being Buggy from the Patches, not to mention the fact it was Buggy when it came out anyway. I had my fun with it though, I will say that. I got my Money's worth of play time out of it. But I can't say it was enjoyable the whole way through. I will not buy another Battlefield game ever again. Even that Mech one, BF 2199 or whatever, the one everyone is drooling over. I'm sure it will be broken right out of the Box as well.

Dice Sucks!

I stopped playing BF2 when I sold it. Now I just play the demo :D The demo level was all I ever played in the full game anyway.

It just got boring...I can only play Karkand so many times. I never really had any problems with poor performance or bugs but I can only play the same maps over and over for so long. I got used to all the mods that were available for 1942 and Vietnam and now I am waiting to see the mods for BF2. I'll probably start playing again when we see

POE
Eve of Destruction
Pirates

I didn't . . .

The one's who have, they're just pissed about the bugs, or hate EA.

I bounce between Steam, and BF2. Was a pretty heavy CS:S player until 2 months ago, now hooked on DOD:S (Snow maps rock!!), and now starting to have a twitch to play BF2 / or BF2:SF. I bounce between the two to keep my intrest in FPS. However, there is always Starcraft BW. Honestly guys, 2D never looked better on dual core, and SLI!!!

darkhorse said:
which is a pretty valid reason to quit playing a game.

Yeah... I just started getting into BF2 a few weeks ago after buying it over the summer. It's a lot of fun, but the maps really are starting to get old (as are the endless bugs), and some people are just plain childish online (as with any online multiplayer).

I'm just curious.... when it came time to write the net-code or debug, do you think they just put a shit-flinging monkey behind a computer screen for a few hours?

HitMan-sC said:
I'm just curious.... when it came time to write the net-code or debug, do you think they just put a shit-flinging monkey behind a computer screen for a few hours?

HA, classic hey at least it works better than C&C Generals

ive had the game for nearly 3 months now...Played it once...Why ? Am waiting for my 2GB of RAM to come in a couple of weeks, was waiting for a new GPU which i got about a month ago and was waiting to upgrade proc and board which i also have done...

So am now just waiting for the RAM :) But if its anything like 1942...i doubt ill stop playing it soon...

I stopped playing it when I got my xbox 360, I still play sometimes, just not the amount I used to.

1. Bugs
2. Same as 1942 then Vietnam
3. Bugs
4. Repeat

I was dissapointed, then I saw the trailer for 2142, and just laughed.

I've played on 2gb machines and the 1gb machine I have at home and the only difference I've noticed is slightly faster loading times with slightly better image quality due to video cards(x1600xt 256mb on the 2gb, 6600gt 128mb on the 1gb).

I still play here and there but am growing very tired of it.

1. Bloatware
2. Buggy as hell
3. Unbalanced
4. No where close to realistic
5. Nothing is being done about teamkillers and exploits
6. Raping the community with its little content updates
7. Browser still doesnt work (after 5 patches)
8. Getting very boring even when playing with good players
etc
etc
etc

And 2142? What a joke. Battlefield meets Mechwarrior meets C&C Tiberium Sun (Still cant believe Westwood sold out). EA has run out of ideas so what do they do? Take everyone elses and combine them..... :rolleyes: I will not be wasting anymore money of the BF series.

I was playing bf2 probably 5+ times a week until very recently. I like most of what was fixed in the patch, but I think they've made the support weapons too accurate and now if you play a map like Iron Gator, fully 75% of the people are using that kit. If the guns are going to be that powerful and versatile (infrequent reloading and unlimited clips) then there should be a time penalty to set up and a limited shooting arc.

the main reason ive quit bf2 is Red Orchestra. Bullet drop, no crosshairs, grenades that dont fly farther than one of Uncle Rico's footballs. Fully laden soldiers dont have a 5 foot vertical leap, tanks dont automatically own infantry, etc.

arr4ws said:
I want to know why people stopped playing bf2?( if you did stopped)

I had to sleep, then went to work, then spent time with the GF.

Now, on the days off, still going strong. There is a little oblivion thrown in for change.

Horrible net code
Horrible server browser
Horrible weapon accuracy
Horrible loading times
Horrible teamwork
Horrible vehicle physics (oh dear, my big fuck off tank seems to have been stopped dead in its tracks by a tiny sapling)
Horrible player movement (worst ladders ever... mouse acceleration, why?)
Horrible control responsiveness (damn parachute, OPEN FFS)
Horrible reloading (oh no, I changed weapon just before the RPG reloading animation finished and now I have to go through it again. Hmm, I have 3 enemies closing in on me, I'll just toss this clip in the air before I load it)

The novelty of the vehicles wore off and the fact the shooter aspect of it is crap, takes almost nothing for me to kill some guy head to head.

The game is kinda like god mode in an FPS sure its fun, for a little while then its just boring crapola.

Back