Why can't my laptop detect my NVIDIA graphics card?

I have an Asus laptop with a NVIDIA graphics card, and a Intel integrated graphics card. It was working fine, but now my laptop only wants to run things on the intel card and can't detect the nvidia one. I checked device manager and it doesn't show the nvidia card, nvidia control panel doesn't want to run at all. Nothing really happened it just stopped detecting the nvidia card. Is there anything I can do to try get it working again, or should I just send it in (it's still under warranty)?

Try check the BIOS settings. You can switch/enable/disable between graphics this way as well. Also make sure you use the correct drivers for it.

If it randomly changed, without new drivers or a BIOS change, I would contact Asus and have them troubleshoot and then start the RMA process.

A friend of mine has this EXACT same issue. Its like the nvidia card isnt there anymore...

I remember seeing a laptop with dual GPUs and it had a switch on the side or front to toggle between them. Is it possible you simply missed it and switched it off by mistake?

Back