Why are there so many different versions of the Powercolor 5770?

LOL

That is pretty funny. Upon examining the various coolers and bundles, one is lead to believe they are attempting to capture a larger share by offering something for everyone. A large number of variations, increases the likelihood one of their cards will be carried by a vendor, and then purchased. The mid-range market is the most lucrative, as most gamers spend around $200 maximum for a video card.

^ Could be. Most of them are tweaks on bundling (games), one of them is a 512MB, others just have different coolers. There was an interview from Hexus where a rep from CeBit introduced a 5-DisplayPort 5770, reasoning that it was designed for office users and they want to appeal to as many segments as possible.

There's like 3 versions of the card due to the different game bundles and then there's the phoenix shroud, egg shape, energy efficient one, V3 which I'm not familiar with. And yes there's also 512MB vs 1GB. They could have had 3x4x2 up to 24 "versions" for sale lol.

I hate how powercolor is the AIB whose 512 MB versions of 5770 and 5750 can be found in North America!

Several companies carry the exact same models. I think the single back pane ones (1xDVI 1xVGA) are more for OEM vendors than retail.

Choice is good, it's just too bad only Powercolor has the ambition to do something like put out 15 versions of the 5770 when most companies only put out one!

"Battle Forge" are their clocked up gaming models. "Unplug" is their green, power saving model.

What are the others? "Play" "PCS+" and "SCS3" ?

Powercolor isnt the only one offering these exact same models. I know of at least one other pushing these variants too.

They are generic supply offerings.

But choice is always good.

Back