Who's on X11? betarigs price just skyrocketed

mkrohn

2[H]4U
All of betarigs sold out and the price skyrocketed so clearly people are chasing something but what? If you're not in the mood to chase go ahead and point at betarigs. The profitability for at least today will be quite nice.

might need to look into this. I Just recently converted over from Scrypt to X11 on my farm (15 GPUs)

Mined some badger coin the past few days before it's mining period is over. I'm REALLY loving the reduced head/power usage that comes with the X11 algorithm.

Just did some looking -- and I will have to give this a go here in the next two days or so when I'm off work again. I suck at picking any sort of new coin that goes hot. And odds are any picked will NOT take off, so why do all the mining myself and snuffle around 500 wallets. Getting BTC in the end is all that really matters to me :)

I did mine a couple hundred Badger that I am holding in my wallet.
I think the exchanges it's on for now I have not registered with, but more than likely it will get onto one of the ones I already use, or it's value won't amount to much.
I have added more SHA-256 power and removed all my GPUs for now. Heat generated even with X11 was just not worth the money made daily for the summer months.
The price of the big HW has dropped like a rock so I'm up over 2.5TH now and spent about 10% of what that stuff went for brand new.
I've been averaging about $10 a day more in profit than CoinWarz says I should but I think it's all about selecting the right pool.

Been mining Drk for a few days on a couple rigs. Can't get it running rigs with different cards though...that kinda sucks.

Darkcoin price is getting blown up, thats why.

From what? A pump and dump? Or was there news out? Did they get the endorsement of the Los Zetas cartel?

I joke about that last one. But it would be kinda funny to see.

DRK has gone nuts. I was trying it just to see how x11 worked. Swapped to it on all the machines inside - 5 x 270, 6 x 280x, 6 x 750 ti, and 2 x 280 non x (7950). The temps and power savings are incredible. 2 x 280 non x (7950) pulls 300 watts at the wall on a kilawatt! 2 x 280x overclocked with 8 gridseeds along pulls 355 watts on the UPS (take that as you may). I sold just what that mine in 2 days for .5 BTC with the price rocket! It was sweet! I had 2 x triple 7970 machines outside (on litecoin) I wish I had swapped!

never got into DRK coin, i actually just mined about 1100 badger coins (my first foray into X11)

I love the lowered power consumption. My only issue now is finding an X11 coin to mine. Seems a lot of coins now are going the route of blackcoin and only mineable for a week or two or three, then thats it, the only new coins after that are from whatever yearly inflation built into the coin.

While it's fun to see a coin blow up that you hold a ton of, I'm more the type who would rather have steady profits without much hopping around signing up for new crap all the time.

I actually put my 8Mhash of scrypt back onto LTC for the next day or so just because I don't have time to screw with it. Difficulty is right under 7K right now which sucks ass but at least it's mining something. 5 cents per kwh helps a lot too.

is dark coin still mineable? it probably seems like a stupid idea at this point because if it already blew up, odds are difficulty is high, and by the time i have a stash of them the price will have fallen back to earth.

You sound like me. I have been steady LTC. This was a foray to try the heat savings. Only the machines inside the air conditioned area. It does run much cooler. I got lucky on the rocket. No more posting, as my norm. NE LA by the way, so I understand the weather issues

never got into DRK coin, i actually just mined about 1100 badger coins (my first foray into X11)

I love the lowered power consumption. My only issue now is finding an X11 coin to mine. Seems a lot of coins now are going the route of blackcoin and only mineable for a week or two or three, then thats it, the only new coins after that are from whatever yearly inflation built into the coin.

While it's fun to see a coin blow up that you hold a ton of, I'm more the type who would rather have steady profits without much hopping around signing up for new crap all the time.

I actually put my 8Mhash of scrypt back onto LTC for the next day or so just because I don't have time to screw with it. Difficulty is right under 7K right now which sucks ass but at least it's mining something. 5 cents per kwh helps a lot too.

is dark coin still mineable? it probably seems like a stupid idea at this point because if it already blew up, odds are difficulty is high, and by the time i have a stash of them the price will have fallen back to earth.

DRK is still mineable however, the reward per block is tied to difficulty and right now, I'd wager it is unprofitable for most to mine.

market rate right now is 0.01597 oh god I need my rentals to end so I can get my 36Mh in on this!

Up she goes if this holds for a couple days I'll be ordering at least 3 new 290 s

wondering the same myself... I'm gonna have to keep only doing short term rentals on lower prices

It fluctuated pretty wild yesterday, i'm only doing 3 hour rentals and going to adjust price at the end of each session, got a feeling it's gonna be another wild one later.

x11 is fun right now :)

Humm will have to look at this, I am half and half right now on my rigs with scrypt/X11.

*Just looked at it and holy cow! That is insane to say the least o_O.

Last edited:
I'm only offering 3 hour rentals right now and hoping there's another surge tonight. The fluctuations the past 48 hours are all over the place. I have my power defaulting to colorcoin right now but no clue if thats a good one to be on. There's always more coins coming out.

I'm only offering 3 hour rentals right now and hoping there's another surge tonight. The fluctuations the past 48 hours are all over the place. I have my power defaulting to colorcoin right now but no clue if thats a good one to be on. There's always more coins coming out.

I will watch this closely tonight and see. Some people got some nice profits from last nights :D

I will watch this closely tonight and see. Some people got some nice profits from last nights :D

I only got one solid rental in. I had locked in the rates from earlier in the day on most of my rigs with longer rentals and completely missed that crazy surge

Back