Who's getting the Samsung Note 4 and why

Even my not so knowledgable father hates touchwiz. Lol. Samsung needs an optional model without those bloats.

So, you think it would be a worthy upgrade to do the $200 trade in on my old Blackberry, sell my Note 3 for around $350, and just buy the unactivated Note 4? In essence my total upgrade cost would be around $250, and I can continue to use my cheaper prepaid service ($82 total for 2 lines through AT&T).

It depends on what the full price will be. If it's the same as the $599 Verizon Note 3 then it's about $50 out of pocket before tax if you sell the Note 3 for $350 and with $200 trade in. I'm perfectly happy with the Note II which is better than iPhone 6+ but for $50 it's a no brainer to upgrade my Note 3 to Note 4.

I think the full price (based on the BB website), is $799. That's where I came up with my $250 figure.

I loved my Note 2. And now I have a iPhone 5S, which I like also.
The iPhone 6+ didn't live up to my expectations, so I'm getting a Note 4 pre-ordered as we speak.

And TouchWiz is minimized more on the Note 4.

I wont pre-order.. but Im way due to UG. sporting my note 2 still. was a great phone first year, but battery life suffered this last year....

and the bride is WAY over due.. she's runnin my old Galaxy Note.. lol her battery life is wretched!

she cant handle the Note though. So.. was thinking Moto X for her.. similar feel to the GN

sporting my note 2 still. was a great phone first year, but battery life suffered this last year....

With lithium batteries I've found it helps to do an occasional, at least weekly, full discharge/recharge cycle to maintain battery life. My two year old Note II on original battery is still going strong with two days of normal use and up to five days of idle.

Or being a removable battery you could have just spent a couple bucks to replace it......

Pre-ordered mine via t-mobile JUMP program, trading in my Galaxy S4 for a $400 credit. I ordered the white one but since it'll be in a case its whole life I think black might have been a better choice. I spent like an hour looking up cases this morning-- do the slim aluminum bumper cases noticeably affect reception? I love the look of them.

ultra-thin-deluxe-all-metal-aluminum-case-cover-for-samsung-galaxy-note-3-n9000-silver_p20131030100734756.jpg

Pre-ordered mine via t-mobile JUMP program, trading in my Galaxy S4 for a $400 credit. I ordered the white one but since it'll be in a case its whole life I think black might have been a better choice. I spent like an hour looking up cases this morning-- do the slim aluminum bumper cases noticeably affect reception? I love the look of them.

ultra-thin-deluxe-all-metal-aluminum-case-cover-for-samsung-galaxy-note-3-n9000-silver_p20131030100734756.jpg

It is called a Faraday Cage. And yes.

Jump program requires you to turn in your old phone to get the new one "subsidized" although I didn't think you could get $400 for it..

I know how it works, when you trade in the phone the rest is credited to your account to pay off the remaining EIP. Its not the same as getting $400 though

Back