WHOAH....TES: Oblivion bumped to '06!

dderidex

Supreme [H]ardness
Linkage

For teh lazee said:
Although the Xbox 360 goes on sale in just over three weeks, Microsoft still hasn't announced the final day-of launch game lineup for the console. However, gamers can now scratch one of the next-platform's most anticipated titles off their holiday shopping lists.

In a conference call following its earnings report today, Take-Two Interactive announced that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is being delayed until the second quarter of its next fiscal year, which runs from January to March 2006. While this is still technically within Microsoft's 14-week "launch window" for the Xbox 360, it means that the game will not be on sale when the console arrives in stores on November 22.

Paul Eibeler, Take-Two's President and CEO, said that quality assurance was the reason for the delay. "We are moving the launch of Elder Scrolls IV to our 2nd quarter, based on the Bethesda Softworks requiring additional development time to ensure the title meets gamers' high expectations for this popular franchise," he said. The date change will also affect the PC version of the game, which was slated to ship simultaneously.

im sort of relieved. im guessing that they are wanting to polish and improve framerate mostly, if thats so, let em work, itll be a more enjoyable rpg.

Normally, in situations like this I would cry.
But, I've got to be honest...

I saw this coming.

ah damn it i was waiting for this too, hm but bo bice does have a point this game would be crappy with bugs

They are not only missing the holiday season, they are missing the launch of a console.

The game must really not be ready yet.

Cali3350 said:
They are not only missing the holiday season, they are missing the launch of a console.

The game must really not be ready yet.

Technically, the article notes, they are still in the "launch window".

Honestly, if you've read many reviews of the XBox360 pre-release "viral marketting" campaigns, the only game even ready to GO at the moment is "Call of Duty 2".

I think maybe MS was pushing too hard on the devs to have too much done too rapidly (they only got the final builds of the console this year, you'll recall - the game companies have been developing on Powermacs up till this point!)

Please tell me this is only for the Xbox version and that the PC version is still coming out November 21st.

Seriously, it's the only thing I have to look forward to this month :(.

That sux :mad: The PC version was to be realesed on my B-day Dec 5th, now its gonna suck :mad:

This is just not some little delay either like some of the launch titles, this is till 2 quarter 2006 so that's just weird.

Movieesa said:
This is just not some little delay either like some of the launch titles, this is till 2 quarter 2006 so that's just weird.
1st quarter calender '06, second quarter Take Two's fiscal '06 (which we are already in the first quarter of).

Jan-Mar is the target.

Hmmm. a game release being delayed a few months.. Seems I have heard that one before.. With practically every game that ever came out that has stated firm release dates.

Realistically though, developers in the process of making a game, predicting an actual release date is kind of like trying to predict the weather. It is nothing more than an educated guess. I think they would rather be wrong with a release date than to just release it on time and have a gazillion more bugs.

TES games are huge, takes a lot of time to test every little nook and cranny of the code and the game. At least it isnt like DNF, which will probably see release around the time Holodecks become reality. :D

Hopefully this and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess won't be delayed any longer then. Chalk up yet another game I reserved at Gamestop that was delayed :(

It must be for the better though if it was in fact not close to completion.

well sweet, now maybe i can save up some dough and upgrade my pc before this comes out. I was bumming having to decide between 360 and pc versions, but now i can concentrate on my 360 first and then this later. Bummed its pushed back, but its good in other ways.

I think delaying the game is a good decision. I would love for it to come out on launch day, but I would rather they make it the best it can be. I hate it when games with potential are released before they are ready.

As for people saying Microsoft is pushing people too hard...maybe. But they really do need to launch the console BEFORE Black Friday.

Back