Who wants some Wang!? Shadow Warrior Revival

Oh hell yes, I remember Shadow Warrior back in the day. It managed to take up a good chuck of time alongside Blood and Rise of The Triad.
Same dev as Hard Reset? This looks extremely promising...

Man that game was awesome.

Still waiting for a new NOLF though.

omfg YES! And ahem, it's who wanta some wang... ;)

Last edited:
omfg YES! And ahem, it's who wanta some wang... ;)

It's both. On the cover:

941847130-00.jpg

But in-game he says "who wanta some wang?"

The game is being made by Flying Hog, who are the folks behind Hard Reset.

Thats because I played it and the cd came with some book or something, I didn't have the hard box. :D

I see many dead people who were 'wang'ed. :p I hope Shadow Warrior turns out good.

No multiplayer is a bit of a disappointment. I remember playing for hours vs. a friend with a null modem connection between the 2 pc's I had back in the day. Ohh the glory days before online gaming.

I really hope the racist one liners are still in there but somehow I doubt them returning.

I really hope the racist one liners are still in there but somehow I doubt them returning.

This. Somehow I can't see this game retaining the elements that made it successful in today's politically correct world.

I still remember that game..was a load of fun to play. I loved the last track on the cd - had the Lo Wang Rap song ..heh.

And that part of the game where all the rabbits were...."push in the bush there bunny"...classic stuff =P

My only memories of the original is the crazy weaponry and finding a secret area that had a tv with an animated texture portraying that guy who got caned in some asian country back then, and there was a sound effect like someone getting caned and screaming comically loud. fucking random and hilarious. :)

and who can forget the opening on the first level in the boat "row row row your boat... oh I think my dingy is hanging out"

Memories that will be with me forever.

This game had some of the best quotes ever. I will definitely get the remake.

Before you attack her, wrap your wacka!

This. Somehow I can't see this game retaining the elements that made it successful in today's politically correct world.

One of the first things that Devolver Digital's Nigel Lowrie told us is that the inappropriate material isn't going to be included.

"We're keeping the humor and sharp wit," Lowrie said. "But we've removed the more negative things that have no place in our game.

Read Full Article

Well that certainly sucks!

One of the first things that Devolver Digital's Nigel Lowrie told us is that the inappropriate material isn't going to be included.

"We're keeping the humor and sharp wit," Lowrie said. "But we've removed the more negative things that have no place in our game.

Read Full Article

That defeats the purpose.

Since I loved Hard Reset, I'll gladly take this even w/o the crude humor.

Now that I would pay for,as long as they kept true to the spirit of the original. It had just the right blend of action and satire.

Indeed, but it will most likely never happen again. It was just like a one hit wonder....there at the right place at the right time. Games today are either too extreme or politically correct, no in between.

hm, the first game cover looks terrible. hope the game play is nice grpahics in the trailer seemed alright.

Box art is a determining factor in whether or not a game will be fun. ;)

Well, I used to think so when I was 11. Betrayal at Krondor box art was awesome, and the game turned out to be equally as good.

About.......damned.......time......

Still have the original loaded up with the hi-res texture pack. Sooooo excited.

BTW - Baseball wrong....man with 4 balls cannot walk. :)

No "inappropriate" humor? Make a new IP...that isn't Lo Wang! Still cautiously excited though. Who else actually read the book back in the day? lol.

Read Full Article

What!? Whats the hell? In this overly political correct world we live in politically incorrect Lo Wang is exactly what we need, to give middle finger all over it for dumb laughs. Go South Park and dont give a shit who is offended.

Oh, and...

Do you want to wash Wang? Or do you want to watch Wang wash wang? :D

I didn't have any asian friends that were offended by the humor in the game. People just aren't as uptight as these guys think.

I didn't have any asian friends that were offended by the humor in the game. People just aren't as uptight as these guys think.

YES! Honestly, more often than not it seems like its the flower hat grannies and soccer moms that get "offended" and scream bloody murder when they spot something politically incorrect instead of the actual subject that is being joked on.

Back