Who makes the best 7900gt?

NHT

Limp Gawd
Im ready to make the move to this card but now its a matter of deciding which company makes the best 7900gt? Any ideas anybody? It is going into a single card solution and I will be using a dfi lanparty ut ultra-d and an AMD fx-57. HOw do you guys feel about XFX? There is one on Newegg for a REALLY good price. Same price or even lower than what most people are asking for used. I want to jump on it if noone objects. Thanks

I got mine at ZipZoomFly... ordered it on Monday, got it on Friday.

7900GT

$10.00 less than Newegg, and lots less than anyone else, and free shipping!

webpic1.JPG

Ordering another on payday for four monitor out for FS2004. Been playing it at 1800x1440 res with all the settings to max...

Playing G.R.A.W. at 1600x1200, smooth as butta.

XFX 7900 GT EE<<-------- Don't f*ck up and not buy this if your in the market for a 7900 GT..

I got the 7900GT CO, but the 7900GT KO is a better choice if you aren't going to put an aftermarkter cooler on it. Both are same core/mem speeds but KO has better cooler but why bother if you are going to put a zalman vf700/900 etc.. on it? but then again they are the same price so in the end it doesn't matter :D

xfx 7900gt xxx edition is the fastest of all the 7900gt's. 560 core 1.65 ram. mine goes to 600 core 1.85ghz ram with an nv silencer 5 installed.

I am very happy with my xfx 7900gt extreme edition, mine is the 1.5ghz mem version

Im happy with my BFG one. Stable, blazing fast, what more could I ask for?

As long as it's a good brand, you'll be good with pretty much any of them, and then go for the highest memory/clock speeds. :) XFX, eVGA, BFG are the big three.

Well if your gonna go with the fastest I'd get the Gainward BLISS Geforce 7900 GT "Goes Like Hell" 512MB GDDR3. Not only does it have the highest clocks I have seen on a 7900GT, 580/1650 (Final release speeds will be higher), it also has 512mb of ram. You can get it here. It will cost you more than your standard 7900GT though, but at least you will be able to say that you have the worlds fastest 7900GT.

and i think the ram on the gainworld is 1.2ns..the regular 7900gt is 1.4ns memory and the gtx is 1.1ns so right in the middle :D but yah

in terms of just raw speed XFX has the fastest 256mb 7900gt but evga is right behind them, can always OC like me, and their customer service is the best by far out of any other, so if thats important, maybe go for them. xfx and evga both have lifetime warranty so thats good but evga's warranty covers aftermarket coolers, so you can put on that zalman and it wont void the warranty. Also evga has stepup program for 90 days, u can upgrade to a better card within 90 days only pay difference and shipping. That is what i did, went from 7800gt to 7900gt for 30 bucks hehe.

so there you go. What's important to you? RAW speeds? or a LITTLE less speed but awesome customer service/policies :)

I had an XFX 6800GT and i wouldnt hesitate to buy from them again, just at the moment eVGA had the better deal when i got my 7800gt/7900gt.

I too have an evga 7800gt (About to be a 7900gtx) and I can say that they have the best customer support out of any company I have ever tried. They also have 24/7 tech support which is a big plus, if you care about that stuff I'd go with evga. They are hard to beat in just about every category.

you guys think i'd see any improvement in upgrading from 2x 7800gtx ko to 7900gt sli or 7900gtx sli? i was thinking going from 256 on my 7800gtx ram to 512 on the 7800gt bliss or 7800gtx would also give me some improvement... what do ya think?

XFX's Warranty Also Allows Aftermarket Cooling. The only thing eVGA offers that XFX doesn't is the Step-up program and they don't cover your card if you fry it oc'ing like eVGA does.

Astronutty said:
I got mine at ZipZoomFly... ordered it on Monday, got it on Friday.

7900GT

$10.00 less than Newegg, and lots less than anyone else, and free shipping!

http://www.xfxforce.com/media/produ.../4d56cbb00a89f933010a8f3f57cc000d/webpic1.JPG

Ordering another on payday for four monitor out for FS2004. Been playing it at 1800x1440 res with all the settings to max...

Playing G.R.A.W. at 1600x1200, smooth as butta.

Those XFX black pcb cards are bad-ass.. they not only look awesome, but mine are kick-ass performers also. I got mine from tigerdirect for 349 each. (EE 550/1630 clocks). I would highly recommend them. Harder to get, but nicer still is the new Gainward 512mb (1.2ns!!) 7900GT.. hard to get in the states, but this card beats many 7900GTXs at stock voltages. lol. but it's priced as high as a high end 79GTX also..

The evga ones are nice, although I have 2 XFX 7900GTs, thier currently the cheapest ones on newegg (290$ each), I got mine clocked at 540/1700 completely artifact free.

The eVGA warranty = ownage. Almost all their cards (if not all) come stock OCed and are priced pretty well IMO.

Looks like a good deal to me. It's just that after owning an evga product it's unlikely that I will ever buy anything but evga products. I buy evga because they are the best imo. XFX is a good company but I have heard not so great things about their tech support and their oc'd cards aren't exactly known for their stability. But in all fairness they do have a lifetime warranty and their cards for the most part are usually stable. So I say buy it, at $289 it's gonna be hard to beat.

I second buying the XFX, I can get mine to 540/1750 stable and without artifacts, could go higher if I got aftermarket cooling and volt modded it.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Get the 7900GT with the highest factory core/mem clocks.

yeap, get the xfx xxx edition. 560 core, 1650 mem stock clocks, nothing is faster.

i personally prefer evga because of their warranty covers aftermarket coolers. I have heard bad things about XFX cards having to be underclocked due to instability but that's probably the same with all 7900GTs that are factory overclocked.

Evga looks good because of the warrenty, but the XFX is just dead sexy. Black PCB owns all. If you don't mind ponying up, they have nicely factory OCed cards, but the 470/1360 version is $309 at ZZF, which is a fair price. If your savvy to overclocking just get that. I would assume they will OC just as high.

pandora's box said:
yeap, get the xfx xxx edition. 560 core, 1650 mem stock clocks, nothing is faster.

MINES FASTER! lol

anyway, get one already jesus :p add to shopping cart and buy the end :)

Well now EVGA released their "signature" series 7900GT so that's your fastest 7900GT available.

XFX's warrenty does not allow aftermarket cooling or overclocking. Evga gets it there. However, where XFX shines is the double warrenty, so if you sell your card, the warrenty carries over.

Far as the new EVGA cards... damn tahts fast. 600/1600 stock clocks is nice. I bet they are stepping up the voltage to get that though. The box is sweet to, but in all, I wouldnt pay the $100 premium for the card.

Viper87227 said:
XFX's warrenty does not allow aftermarket cooling or overclocking. Evga gets it there. However, where XFX shines is the double warrenty, so if you sell your card, the warrenty carries over.

Far as the new EVGA cards... damn tahts fast. 600/1600 stock clocks is nice. I bet they are stepping up the voltage to get that though. The box is sweet to, but in all, I wouldnt pay the $100 premium for the card.

I wouldn't, either. Just buy an aftermarket cooler, mod the BIOS and o/c it to those specs yourself! :)

They are all reference cards, probably all off just one or two production lines. Essentially put your order in. A little BIOS tweak to the ram/core timings and a new HSF sticker and away you go...you are a Graphics card company!!!!!!

The only real difference is the warranty and they are all getting pretty similar too these days.

Are the components on these cards (BFG, eVGA, XFX) all the same...i.e. made in Taiwan? LoL....But seriously, out of those manufaturers, who uses the BEST parts? To put it another way...since im a woodworker, ill use tools as an example.....

You will never catch me using a Ryobi product, ONLY DeWalt cause its just plain jane made BETTER,,,lasts longer.

So, in the V.Card market.....who makes the BETTER card.....NOT who makes the higher clock speeds, just who uses the better made/quality parts?

You know, that's a really good question? We will get back to you on that, lol. I'd take a safe guess and say Evga.

SAW said:
Are the components on these cards (BFG, eVGA, XFX) all the same...i.e. made in Taiwan? LoL....But seriously, out of those manufaturers, who uses the BEST parts? To put it another way...since im a woodworker, ill use tools as an example.....

You will never catch me using a Ryobi product, ONLY DeWalt cause its just plain jane made BETTER,,,lasts longer.

So, in the V.Card market.....who makes the BETTER card.....NOT who makes the higher clock speeds, just who uses the better made/quality parts?

Most of them are all the same. Infact, the only card I know of that strays from the reference is Gainword. No doubt, they are the highest quality. However, they arent sold stateside, and they are very expensive.

SAW said:

Well, we just got done talking in my other topic about how Leadtek uses heavier metals in their card construction, which allows for better performance and cooling. I'd love to say leadtek, but I haven't seen a review of the cards all OCed up yet...

The BFG's are ok but certainly not worth paying the extra £30 over the standard cards as the OC's are pretty low.

Back