Who is Gonna Buy these Phi So I don't Have to

Idk, I think that's decently fair. The pcie version isn't all that common. Only seen them roll around once or twice. These are the 7200 series not 3100/5100/7100. I suppose they aren't as valuable after the mining craze though.

You ever get all that gear up and running? Was BOINC ever figured out with them?

never got boinc running and they will be in storage for another month or so. however i had them mining away on a variety of coins since january

Not intending to be a buzzkill, but just a heads-up to anyone thinking about these.... I can't see any of the ratings on those fans but those could be 3-5 amp fans.... which means they would be pulling between ~35-60 watts each so factor that in. There are nidecs and Deltas like these which only pull about 12 watts but I dunno how effective those would be for these cards.... possibly in pull style vs push style it might be more effective but I dunno

anyway, if they're 5 amp fans they'll cut your finger off if you accidentally get it caught in there so keep the fan grills on! :)

Not intending to be a buzzkill, but just a heads-up to anyone thinking about these.... I can't see any of the ratings on those fans but those could be 3-5 amp fans.... which means they would be pulling between ~35-60 watts each so factor that in. There are nidecs and Deltas like these which only pull about 12 watts but I dunno how effective those would be for these cards.... possibly in pull style vs push style it might be more effective but I dunno

anyway, if they're 5 amp fans they'll cut your finger off if you accidentally get it caught in there so keep the fan grills on! :)

as someone who has many 3+amp fans they are fine unless you actually poke them. the smaller ones are better as they only take off some skin. With that said i once jabed a 120mm 5amp fan with my toe and lost the nail

these cards are only 220w so its not terribly difficault to cool them with less dangerous stuff

Back