Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 7900 Series (Single Card) + Ageia

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • X1900 Series (Single Card) + Ageia

Votes: 17 20.5%

• Total voters

dR.Jester

2[H]4U
Personally Im going with an Ageia card because I don't have any intrest in running two video cards.

SLi+Ageia physx
because i like performance and more cool cards that i can watercool, wow, am i the only one who put a heatsink and fan on a soundcard hoping to find a way to overclock?

Yea, overclocking souned cards would be cool, but overclocking ppu's is cooler :p

first thing i said when i saw it i said "wow", then,"i can watercool it"
if you get one can i borrow it or at least some measurements to make some full-cover blocks, ill give the second one made to who gives me pics of one the exact size it is, like the back and front minus cooler, high res. please and thank you :D

Edit: to keep from threadcrapping please use pm's

We still dont know which one would be better, wheather it would be a seperate ppu or 7900/x1900. Most likely the seperate ppu but we need benchies! :)

I would normally go for crossfire + ageia if I were going to build a new system, but I'm not. So I'm just going to pair a PPU with my X850XT PE. Probably not until later on this year when more games come out that support it though.

best [486] said:
SLi+Ageia physx
because i like performance and more cool cards that i can watercool, wow, am i the only one who put a heatsink and fan on a soundcard hoping to find a way to overclock?

LOL

SLI + Ageia I reckon, but I'll need to get a new mobo so I have an exposed usable extra pci slot. lol. and it would be kick ass to have a forth water block on my loop. :D

crossfire + Ageia

Crossfire allows higher AF and AA doesnt it? also better image quality

At this point, either of the single video cards plus Ageia. I voted 7900, but I could go either way on the video portion of this.

PP on a GPU is a weak order, lame work around and I surely hope does NOT get adopted as standard.

wow, and after all the huffery* ati said to firingsquad about how there gpus could perform 80% the physics a PPU can. and ageia even said how ati and nvida were great graphics companies.

yea i think we need to see some like, integrated physics, i mean its newly out right? how bout putting something powerful on Nforce 6, or ATI Xpress 4000 (or w/e the new intel chipset is), better yet do it with a swapable core, yyyyyeaaaaaaaaaa...... thad be awsome.

100X the bandwith and you could control how much $$($) you wanted to put into your system its perfect. all opposed, stfu, all in favor, quote me and agree with me :D

MrWizard660 said:
yea i think we need to see some like, integrated physics, i mean its newly out right? how bout putting something powerful on Nforce 6, or ATI Xpress 4000 (or w/e the new intel chipset is), better yet do it with a swapable core, yyyyyeaaaaaaaaaa...... thad be awsome.
:D

I agree that would be cool, but I don't think it's going to happen, because for how many years now have gamers been wanting a socket for GPU, a socket for VRAM, a socket for DSP, and now a socket for PPU on the mobo? And have we gotten any of them? No. :(

Back