Which router to act as AIMesh node to my main Asus AXE16000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Hi!
So I have my main router, the Asus AXE16000 in my office and then in my basement I have an Asus AX11000 (non pro) connected to an ethernet cable to the AXE16000 to enhance coverage in some spotty areas.
It works great but I was wondering if I could use a lesser router for that purpose instead of the ax11000.
What you guys think?

Why would you want to break something that works? wifi is fickle enough as it is. If you love it, leave it.

Why would you want to break something that works? wifi is fickle enough as it is. If you love it, leave it.
Because I am not out of money and if there is a cheaper router than can do that job of being just an aimesh node, why not?

Sure, you can get by with less. I've gotten by with an Asus AX5700 for years.

Really depends on what kind of speeds you want on your secondary AP.

I use an AC5300 as my AImesh node, but that's just because it was my main router beforehand.

You can probably use anything you want as the node, but one of the benefits of Asus AImesh is that it allows your older routers to stay useful for longer. Why pay money again for another one if you already have one that works?

I use an AC5300 as my AImesh node, but that's just because it was my main router beforehand.

You can probably use anything you want as the node, but one of the benefits of Asus AImesh is that it allows your older routers to stay useful for longer. Why pay money again for another one if you already have one that works?
Because I am not out of money and if there is a cheaper router than can do that job of being just an aimesh node, why not?

Forget it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back