Which PS should I keep? TX750 vs New TP 750

fsh42na

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently upgraded my sis in law's pc to an X58. Took back her old pc and will be selling the parts. The old pc has a Corsair TX 750 installed. I was gonna just sell the pc to a coworker as a whole, but I noticed I had an unused Antec New TP 750 lying in my parts bin. Which is the better PS? It'll be a mild PITA to swap the Corsair for the Antec cuz my anal retentiveness won't allow me to simply pull out the old and drop in the new. I'd have to spend the time to make the wiring look purdy:D.

What would you guys do?

Thanks

If it's the original TX750 and not the v2 version, then keep the TP750 since it's a higher quality PSU than the original TX750.

If it's the original TX750 and not the v2 version, then keep the TP750 since it's a higher quality PSU than the original TX750.

Thanks for the reply. It is an original TX750 and I definitely have an affinity to Corsair/ Seasonic power supplies. Guess I've got some work to do.

Thanks for the reply. It is an original TX750 and I definitely have an affinity to Corsair/ Seasonic power supplies. Guess I've got some work to do.

Actually, the original TX750 was not built by Seasonic at all - but it's made by CWT instead. Some of the other Corsair-branded PSUs are made by Seasonic - just not your particular TX750.

On the other hand, the Antec TP750 "New" is made by Seasonic.

Actually, the original TX750 was not built by Seasonic at all - but it's made by CWT instead. Some of the other Corsair-branded PSUs are made by Seasonic - just not your particular TX750.

On the other hand, the Antec TP750 "New" is made by Seasonic.

Oh, I misread your response. So the New TP 750 is better than my original TX750 already in the pc? If that's the case, I'm definitely grateful for your info. The TX750 stays!:D

Oh, I misread your response. So the New TP 750 is better than my original TX750 already in the pc? If that's the case, I'm definitely grateful for your info. The TX750 stays!:D

Yup he's correct, the original TX750 was a CWT PSU. As far as the new TP 750 I don't know for sure so I'll defer to the knowledge of E4g1e.

Definitely would keep the TP 750 in that case though.

Back