Hey guys...thank you for your time in advance!
So Im looking for a pc upgrade...Turns out that I really need a CPU and a motherboard and some RAM as well. So...even though I am playing games and I should be considered a gamer...I dont want a cpu "dedicated" to gaming...
So...I understand that the i5 6600k is amazing but Im not really a OC guy and Im not really gonna do it anyway so the i5 6600 should be enough as well. However, I have gathered mixed reviews as far the rendering side is concerned, which is useful for after effects CAD and stuff like that. Now, I have gathered amazing reviews for the intel core i5's: 6500,4570 and the 4440.
Are those cpu's really that good?? I gather universal praise for those...
Pls feel free to comment about the comparison...
Thanks again for your time,
Nick

I would focus on Skylake CPUs only. Dont buy Haswell. Specially not for rendering since Skylake can be much faster there due to its double speed caches with AVX/AVX2/FMA usage.

Some K models like the 6700K offers higher stock clock too. But this isn't as great on the 6600K, since its base clock there only over the 6600. 3.5Ghz vs 3.3Ghz base clock, both 3.9Ghz Turbo.

In short its all up to you and your budget. 6500, 6600, 6600K or even a 6700K is all great.

Get the latest version of skylake. I wouldn't mess with older tech unless it was super cheap.

I would focus on Skylake CPUs only. Dont buy Haswell. Specially not for rendering since Skylake can be much faster there due to its double speed caches with AVX/AVX2/FMA usage.

Some K models like the 6700K offers higher stock clock too. But this isn't as great on the 6600K, since its base clock there only over the 6600. 3.5Ghz vs 3.3Ghz base clock, both 3.9Ghz Turbo.

In short its all up to you and your budget. 6500, 6600, 6600K or even a 6700K is all great.

Thank you for the reply!
So I can see you suggest Skylake...However would you suggest the unlocked versions? Cause Im almost 100% sure that Im not gonna overclock them...and you know...I don`t want to be a cheap Son of a bi@@@ but I found the 6600 30 bucks cheaper than the 6600k...additionaly the 4440 is 200 bucks and I have gathered amazing reviews...so what do you think?

Thank you for the reply!
So I can see you suggest Skylake...However would you suggest the unlocked versions? Cause Im almost 100% sure that Im not gonna overclock them...and you know...I don`t want to be a cheap Son of a bi@@@ but I found the 6600 30 bucks cheaper than the 6600k...additionaly the 4440 is 200 bucks and I have gathered amazing reviews...so what do you think?

Its all up to you. the base clock on the 6600K is 200Mhz higher. So you have to debate with yourself if its worth it. For get the 4440.

Back