Which mouse pad is better for a gamer...?

Which mouse pad is better?

• RatpadzGS

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Func Surface 1030

Votes: 33 57.9%

• Total voters
Out of the two, the Func1030. IMO, the Steelpad 4S is the best. I like larger pads, and my relatively small func isnt working too well for me after upgrading from a worn out Ratpadz.

Neither.

You want the best? With the best longevity? No wearing (at least for me)?

Your answer is:

Ratpadz GS + CS Hyde C4 Explosive Speed + CS Hyde Teflon Mouse Discs.

There you have it. I've been through 4 Ratpadz GS, so I know what wear means. :p

saturnine2 said:
IMO, the Steelpad 4S is the best.
Be wary of incompatibility issues with (warning: blanket statement ;)) all Logitech mice other than the MX series.

I have been considering upgrading my Lupron Depot (hormone release drug or something) promo 'pad to a Ratzpad, after hearing a lot of good reviews for it. Then again, I'm still using a generic Logitech mouse, so I'll probably pick up a MX500 as well.

Don't know whether this influences your decision or not, but Kyle Bennett (the person who runs [H]ard|OCP and this forum) designed the Ratzpad, and gave out 1,500 prototypes at QuakeCon 2002. What's good enough for fifteen hundred QuakeCon attendees is good enough for me. :D

The RatpadzGS is an awesome pad - until it wears out. It gets filed down just way too quickly, so I had to move to the XTrac Pro HS. Not as slick as the RatpadzGS when it was new, but the accuracy is nice.

I'd get a Steelpad 4S if I had the money, and if it was available here in Canada.

coldfusion said:
I'm happy with my EVE(CENSORED)LIDE (that's a naughty word in these forums...) ;)

Everglide is no longer censored. Hasn't been for a long time.

Func+good cleaning+teflon mouse feet=win. Plus, there are 2 sides of the mouse pad, very nice, I use the finer side when I want to camp and be a sniper and the rough side for rushing, ti takes about .5 sec to flip it;)

Plus, the func works with every mouse I have put on it, and has not started to wear yet.

i use my roadrunner mouse pad that i got in the self install kit that i never got to work

fUnc pad is better imo, doesn't wear out noticably like my original ratpadz did.

All those fancy mousepads mean absolutely nothing to me. In fact, I've used my friend's Ratzpad and I personally detest it. The scroll rate just isn't natural for me. Since I lost my cheap, cloth mouse pad, I've grown accustomed to simply using my Ikea produced Goliat desk as a mouse pad. It's simple, clean, and effective enough for me. I'm not a massive gamer though, so I suppose that accounts for something. Some of us don't have all that much time to game anymore... :rolleyes:

Dark Assassin

IMO, ive had a steelpad 4s (anyone wanna buy it from me?), and I like a cloth pad better. Its quieter, not cold or hot, and I am just as accurate with it.

sc0tty8 said:
Func+good cleaning+teflon mouse feet=win. Plus, there are 2 sides of the mouse pad, very nice, I use the finer side when I want to camp and be a sniper and the rough side for rushing, ti takes about .5 sec to flip it;)

Plus, the func works with every mouse I have put on it, and has not started to wear yet.
good idea lol

newspaper.. need to get a few new sheets.
Used to use printer paper [tad less friction].. but the newspaper is bigger :D

Paragon said:
haha, lol

~cheapness~

Paragon said:

Papercuts on your wrists = not teh win
:eek:

Alex A. said:
Papercuts on your wrists = not teh win
:eek:

Have yet to get any.. A few pieces of tape on the sides or corners to hold it in place and keep it up about half a centimeter from the bottom edge..

Newspaper is soft enough to not cut ya.. printer paper could possibly cut.. but I have never had it happen. I got my brother hooked on using printer paper and I think a friend is doing the same.

Cheap? damn right! Easily replaced when you run out of note takeing room or it gets a little too much skin oil on it.

only mouse pad I have bought was one of those 3M precision pads.. hated it after a while. Never liked having the mouse right on the table top cause it would wear the pads down faster.

Anyhoo..

Paragon said:
Have yet to get any.. A few pieces of tape on the sides or corners to hold it in place and keep it up about half a centimeter from the bottom edge..

Newspaper is soft enough to not cut ya.. printer paper could possibly cut.. but I have never had it happen. I got my brother hooked on using printer paper and I think a friend is doing the same.

Cheap? damn right! Easily replaced when you run out of note takeing room or it gets a little too much skin oil on it.

only mouse pad I have bought was one of those 3M precision pads.. hated it after a while. Never liked having the mouse right on the table top cause it would wear the pads down faster.

Anyhoo..
lol... thats actually pretty smart... i ll try that sometime, thanks

I've alway used Ratpadz my buddie had the other and tried mine at a few lans and liked mine better i guess it all comes down to personal likes and dislikes

i got a free func pad from alienware when i had a lan and they were sponsors. alienware sent me a ton of sweet stuff, 3 func pads ( i kept one), 3 t shirts, 3 hats, a bunch of posters, coupons and fliers. they are a good company despite their extreme overpricing.

anyways, i love my func pad, it works really good on the smooth side for my mx700, the rough side works nice for ball mice

alex.ander said:
Icemat, Steelpad, fUnk, Ratpad, eXactmat... just choose what you like more...

I retired my old func 1030 & replaced it with the Razer eXactMat. I can't see this thing ever wearing out :)

Back