Which Mobo should I get.

RKBET

Weaksauce
I want to upgrade my current amd computer with a new motherboard and 2 Radeon HD 7850 in xfire. But I don't know which 900 series mobo to get. I was going to go with msi for mobo and video cards. I don't know if I should get the MSI 990FXA-GD80V2 with 2 pcie x16 lanes or get a MSI 970A-G46 with 1 x16 and 1 x8. what are my gains and loses? Should I go with the cheaper one or the More expensive one?

Last edited:
I have always had good luck with ASUS boards.
Same with me for the most part.

Although, I have not personally had a MSI board, they offer a good solution at their respective price points.

With 2x 7850 cards, I doubt you'd notice if one of them was running 8x instead of 16x. When you really start seeing PCI-E bandwidth come into play is with tri-SLI+ and tri-CFX+ along with multi-monitor setups with higher end graphics solutions.

For me it would be Gigabyte all the way Asus are good i personally just haven't had good luck with them and i don't like there dim slots.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

I am of the opinion that the Asus Sabertooth 990FX is the best AMD motherboard available. Plenty of features and overclocks like crazy. Highly recommended.

If you don't want either Asus, Gigabyte, or MSI boards for your AMD processor; I'd recommend the True Black 990FX from Sapphire. They have only recently fixed the main issue I was having with it (that being the AEGSA microcode bug that prevented Steamworks games from working without an external program being run everytime @ boot), but I couldn't be happier with it.

Back