Which is the best low-power video card?

Ogilvy

2[H]4U
Because I do not want to buy a better power supply, I am looking for a good price-performing low power video card that will not require an external power connection. It will be for an emachines or some such pre-built system. I will be running 1366 x 768 screen res. I am looking to run most games on medium-high settings. Is a 5750 the best I am going to find? Thanks for the help! :)

You're going to have to find out exactly what powersupply it is. If I had to bet it won't be able to handle a 5750.

You're going to have to find out exactly what powersupply it is. If I had to bet it won't be able to handle a 5750.

you know it will be a cheap PS...you think I might have problems even if the card is powered through the motherboard? I had a low power 9800gt and it worked fine with an emachines... I might end up just getting another 9800gt.

You might be surprised by the 5750 actually- it barely needs its 6-pin PCIe power connector, and really, it only surpasses the limit of what you can pull from the slot if you crank it with something like furmark- its a pretty amazingly low power card for the performance you get.
It may not work with the current PSU, but it very well might. Just gotta find out about the particular PSU in the OPs machine.
Edit- Check here:
http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=264
says the 5750 only uses about 50-60W in typical 3d gaming, and a max of just over 70- so really, without an overclock, it could probably get away without the PCIe power connector.

Back