which is better?

darkecho

Weaksauce
Hey guys, i read that memory F-A-Kew up top but still not too sure whats the best for my system... maybe someone needs to tell me when to stop? i have a p4 2.4 c currently overclocked to 3.3 gigahertz running fine but the memory is at 3:2 ratio and i have DDR400 in right now, dual corsair xms. i am also running an ic-7 max3 mobo... can anyone tell me this.... is it better to have the computer running at 1:1 with overclocking like only 200 or so megahertz (+/-), 5:4 going about 3 ghz, or 3:2 going god knows what it can do, im thinking somewhere around 3.4/3.5 but will that be wasting my ram? which one would yield the greatest performance, if someone could supply me with a way to see how hard i am pushing my ram, i am currently running 275 mhz bus but how do i tell how much my ram is going/how much more it can go?! i dont just want high a high overclock, i want to be using my ram/cpu to their fullest... thanks in advance!

sisoft sandra can probably show you what each setting gives you in terms of memory bandwith or raw cpu power, that and a few runs of 3dmark will help you get an idea which puts out the better performance

Back