Which Bios for Abit NF7-S (for ocing & stability)

cross56

Limp Gawd
Hi all, if your reading this post, thanks. I have the Abit NF7-S mobo with a 2500+ and am ocing my cpu from 1.83 to 2.3 but I can't seem to get above 210X11 with out stability problems. I'm using King Hyper X PC4000 and even with the stock setting on the memory, I can't get it to run stable at anything above 210. I've tried 230X10 with a cas3 8,4,4 and the maching still won't run stable. And most of the time above 215, 220 fsb the maching won't even boot. Is there a bios that has seemed a little better for ocing? I believe i'm running the default bios for this board. I'm not sure which one it is but if you must know I can post it. My system specs are at the bottom of this page. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

You might have just got a board that doesn't like high FSB. If you read around it's not uncommon for the NF7's. But, if you want to try just search around on the internet for "tictac"'s bios. Don't have the link but search around and he's got several you can try.

Increase your chipset voltage, and upgrade your NB cooling. It may help.

SVTtruck02 said:
You might have just got a board that doesn't like high FSB. If you read around it's not uncommon for the NF7's.
That or his cpu might be hitting the wall. There are many Barton's that quit @ 2.2/2.3ghz and upping voltage would only net you an extra 100mhz.

There are actually quite a few reasons why this may be happening but most of them are mobo related. Have you tried oc'ing with the case door off yet because it might be a heat issue(?)

Back