which 4K tv for PC gaming

Hi guys, i need your help choosing a new 4k tv, mainly for PC gaming, browsing the web and watching some movies, a good choice for good motion, with no noticible blur and no artifacts , and the best response time at 4K. I am currently gaming on a dell up3216q (60hz) so I am not a professional gamer, but enjoy hi res and good response times, i´m currently playing CEMU, Battlefield 1, Resident evil 7, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears of war 4 , titanfall 2 and looking forward to play Mass effect andromeda and some Zelda emulated.

i tried the bdm4065 once and didnt like the artifacts it had that appeared as vertical scanlines on muzzle flashes,so i returned it and got a monitor again, but i really liked the size and inmmersion, so if any of you would kindly recomend something that might come close to the experience im having right now (in terms of response time, motion, and no artifacts) but with a bigger screen size like 40" or 43", please tell me which tv do you recommend, thanks in advance for your answer

There is not much to recommend. either a samsung 6300 or a sony 830
samsung is cheaper and has more contrast. sony has true 1080p 120Hz and less motion blur, but costs more than $600, USED.

the whole comunitty is frozen waiting for a review on the 34" VA samsung. The smaller 24" probably deserves the title of best 1080p TFT display ever made.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
The X800D appears to be a contender. The 43" version is VA, with the associated tradeoffs. Very anecdotally people seem to report it has better GTG than the low end Samsungs, but it's over twice the price at ~$650.

A couple of us just got done testing out the Avera 40" TVs. They are dirt cheap (I got mine for $187). I think they do deliver on less motion blur than the Samsungs, but are worse in almost every other way. Lower contrast, lower brightness, claim to be doing 4:4:4 but in reality it looks like 4:2:2 or maybe something in-between 4:4:4 and 4:2:2. The noise reduction is very apparent on high contrast boundaries and can't be permanently disabled.

I suspect everything but the low backlight brightness could be solved in firmware, but probably never will be. Mine is going back today. I'm probably going to just bite the bullet and shell out for a standard display port capable monitor at this point.

LG C6 or E6, or the new 2017 models. For less cash also check out the Samsung KS8000.

Gonna check those too, any reviews you guys might have or personal experience with these monitors?

The LG OLED and Samsung KS8000s appear to be great from all the reports (better contrast and brightness being the biggest benefits), but you'll need to go up to at least 49" and shell out $1-2K depending on the model. Ignoring the cost, the size is probably the biggest problem for me personally. 43" is about the max I think I can do without wall mounting and pulling my desk away (or building a 4' deep desk!).

Yeah I'm starting to get the itch to jump on 4k finally but waiting to see what happens between now and Summer. A 49" would be about as large as I would want to go so waiting to see if anything new pops up. I do like what I'm hearing about the KS8000/8500 models although I prefer a flat screen vs a curved screen. And of course if I go 4k I'll need to jump up to a 1080Ti or a AMD equivalent if they have one at buy time. Just waiting and watching. I really want to see 4k TVs with more than 60Hz @4k.

I really want to see 4k TVs with more than 60Hz @4k.

You mean, like this one:

https://hardforum.com/threads/seiki-se50uy04-3840x2160-50-tv-1300.1756171/page-52#post-1042785962

4k120_perfect-jpg.15752

Ladies/Gents if you absolutely don't have to upgrade to 4K yet at least wait for the sets to have HDMI 2.1. - http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/index.aspx

View attachment 19453

you mean, the day when NVIDIA gives up Gsync?
The greatest PC graphics chip maker in world is Intel, which does not support HDMI 2.0 in any product.
The second one is NVIDIA, which has a proprietary hardware for variable refresh rate. For this HDMI 2.1 feature reach the market, quite a few tectonic plates will have to move.

Would Nvidia want to give up Gsync? No, they wouldn't. It makes money :) I love my butter smooth Predator X34.

As to why Intel hasn't supported it as a native function, no clue. Maybe they knew 2.1 was coming and wanted to wait? Or maybe they just like to keep upgrading things marginally and wait for AMD to do it first?

The Tectonic plates are always shifting though somewhat slowly ;) If you absolutely don't have to upgrade yet, just wait. I'd suggest getting a cheap stand in like the Samsung ones until this all settles anyways. My OLED is primarily for Movie/Console however the few times I've used it for PC is still amazing.

Back