Which 1150 board from MicroCenter is the [H]ardforum favorite?

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
MicroCenter has a decent deal on Haswell 4770K at $270. You can get $40 off any motherboard purchased with a Haswell chip.

Which MotherBoard would you recommend?
http://www.microcenter.com/search/s...4294910772&NTX=&NTT=&NTK=all&sortby=pricehigh

I'm thinking about the $159 ($119 after discount) MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming M/B, but the ASUS Z87-A is $10 less and got a strong review by [H]ard.

What do you guys think? Anything I'm oversighting in the mix?

I grabbed one of the Sabertooth boards. *shrugs*

You really can't go wrong with the Asus boards, IMO

Depends on your budget. Can't go wrong with the Asus line available. I'm eye balling the Gryphon and the maximus.

I got, and like, the Asus Z87-Pro. It's relatively well featured, has good power management, the Intel NIC and newer Realtek audio, and quite stable.

MicroCenter has a decent deal on Haswell 4770K at $270. You can get $40 off any motherboard purchased with a Haswell chip.

http://www.microcenter.com/search/s...4294910772&NTX=&NTT=&NTK=all&sortby=pricehigh

I'm thinking about the $159 ($119 after discount) MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming M/B, but the ASUS Z87-A is $10 less and got a strong review by [H]ard.

any of them will be fine.
I got the asus z87-a as it suited what I wanted and has worked flawlessly as far.
the processor I got lucky with. 4.6ghz without any issues.

i was at microcenter in virginia this past weekend and they didn't have the maximus hero yet. they dont know when they will be coming in either.

they did have a bunch of sabertooth's and z87-pro boards

I'm going to go against the [H]ard Pro-Asus minions and go with the Asrock. I still use a pci card and the layout on the board allows you to use SLI/ Crossfire w/out sacrificing the use of a pci card.

I scooped up a 4770k, Asus Maximus VI Gene, and 16GB of Crucial Ballistix Tactical LPs on Saturday. Love Microcenter!!! The $40 off on motherboard if purchased with the CPU is amazing. Got the motherboard for $169.99!

I'm looking hard at the GIGABYTE Z87X-UD4H - not because it's exclusive, but because of bang-for-buck (it costs *less* than the Z87X-UD3H, for example) - it is right now THE most flexible LGA115x ATX board at the price point. (Yes - I am including even the Z77 motherboards in LGA1155.)

If you are in anything other than LGA115x and are near a MicroCenter, Ivy Bridge and Haswell are basically priced heads-up - even the CPU spread is a mere $10 between the i5-Ks, and only $30 between the i7-Ks. With price being a non-factor choosing between the two, it comes down to bang-for-buck at each price point. If I were sticking with Ivy Bridge, the ASRock Z77 Extreme4 would be my first choice (it was prior to Haswell), with the Extreme6 as the backup.

I just picked up a Gryphon on Sunday. Haven't really had a chance to use it yet, but the setup was easy, layout was great, and it looks good so far. I'll post back once I get everything set up and start messing with the BIOS.

I decided on the MSI gaming Z87-GD65 It's what I use my PC primarily for, it has the killer nic, and the creative onboard sound solution. Oh and it has dragons -- What's not to like? ;)

I think Kyle used the Z87-A for his review here. He had no trouble with it so if I were spending my cash that's what I would get.

I also went with the MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming board. Unfortunately I only had time to put everything together, haven't really gotten a chance to dig in and take a look at everything.

Buyer beware - the MSI Z87-GD65 does NOT have a creative sound card. I was duped. Not that it ultimately matters that much, but it only has the realtek sound card that all the other 1150 boards have with a creative software suite. That was one of the reasons I picked the MSI board so I feel a bit slighted.

Mpower Max was at my local microcenter in Overland Park Kansas.

I went full throttle and grabbed the Z87X-OC Force, mainly because I wanted the easy hands-free voltage read points and for some reason Asus did not retain that feature from the Maximus V Extreme when designing the Maximus VI.

I decided on the MSI gaming Z87-GD65 It's what I use my PC primarily for, it has the killer nic, and the creative onboard sound solution. Oh and it has dragons -- What's not to like? ;)
+1 It goes very nicely with my red reference 7970GE, has voltage read points, dual BIOSes, etc. What's not to like?

Asus Z87-Deluxe for me.

Had the features I was looking for and [H] used it for some of their tests. That was good enough for me.

Back