Where to find : Coolermaster Hyper 212+ ??

DPO

Weaksauce
I have parts for a new i5 system shipped today from newegg..they wont have this cooler till last day of Nov they say...I have searched other online sites to no avail...anyone know why this cooler is so hard to find?
( were they sold out because they are good...or pulled off the shelves?)...as no one seems to have them....

And if anyone has a link where I can buy one...please link... :) I am in Nor Cal

It cools OK but the mounting process sucks ass. No particular reason to be aiming for that one unless there STILL aren't any other value- range i5 coolers out, which I find highly unlikely.

Well, I found one place where it's not avail online , but "may" be available in store...at Fry's.

Mounting sucks , eh? any other recomendations ? i5 750...asus board...

It cools OK but the mounting process sucks ass. No particular reason to be aiming for that one unless there STILL aren't any other value- range i5 coolers out, which I find highly unlikely.
Mounting process is fine. The included instructions are not the best but just sitting down with the parts for a minute or two before trying to put it on your mobo makes it easy.

I got mine from MicroCenter.

Mounting process is fine. The included instructions are not the best but just sitting down with the parts for a minute or two before trying to put it on your mobo makes it easy.

+1. Also, I liked the fact that this cooler uses hardware mount instead of the push pins (couldn't really find one that has hardware mounts in this price range). Looks like Amazon jacked up the price also. I picked up 2 @$25/ea couple of weeks back...

OP, if you're ok with push pins, you could look into Cocage True Spirit. Looks like a good cooler (especially considering the price). :)

Thanks :) Fry's website says they have them ( the 212 plus) available at the store...but not online, which is ok...there is one about 15 min from here. I'll see what they have...I dont mind spending money for a good cooler...I just cant find any that say they are for the i5 mobos...they almost all say 1366.

I was gonna get the noctua....but, lol...the fans are butt ugly:) (they look like old sd padre brown uniforms...hahha)

So, im kinda looking for great cooling...that also looks good.....maybe there isnt such a thing :)

So, im kinda looking for great cooling...that also looks good.....maybe there isnt such a thing :)

As far as looks go, I like the TRUE Black, or the Xigmatek Dark Night - if you're into that dark/black theme. :)

I love the dark knight ...but can't find anything saying it fits an i5 1156 mobo...just 1366

Last edited:
Both are available on newegg too :) Sweet...thank you my friend !

Also...if anyone has used this bracket on an 1156...id like to know how it went :) Thx again Sparkie99

Back