Where to download Creative software for Audigy 2?

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
Just got mine and notived I had a huuge scratch on my CD which made it unusable. Is there anyway I can download this?

Originally posted by jamezzz122
What exactly are you looking for?...The whole CD?

Or just some stuff?

The hole CD with the creative player and such. The files on the Creative servers are just updates for those. I don´t know what is included but the creative media player, surround mixer and what else are on it?

That section doesnt just contain updates. The main thing that you need from that cd is the driver. If you were to read the details on the audigy 2 driver/application download page you would see that even though it is labeled "update" it is actually the full version of the latest software.

EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD Driver Update for Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2/Audigy 2 ZS

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card, Audigy 2 Platinum eX card, Audigy 2 ZS card or Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro card installed, with or without drivers

I believe all the other applications that came with the cd will install from their site whether or not you have the cd version installed on your system.

Here's another site with some creative downloads as wellCreative

-eddie

Originally posted by eddie33081
That section doesnt just contain updates. The main thing that you need from that cd is the driver. If you were to read the details on the audigy 2 driver/application download page you would see that even though it is labeled "update" it is actually the full version of the latest software.

EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD Driver Update for Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2/Audigy 2 ZS

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card, Audigy 2 Platinum eX card, Audigy 2 ZS card or Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro card installed, with or without drivers

I believe all the other applications that came with the cd will install from their site whether or not you have the cd version installed on your system.

Here's another site with some creative downloads as wellCreative

-eddie

The driver is just that. The driver. I know I have owned Creative soundcards before and they have two sets. Drivers that you download separately and the software separately. I know for the Audigy you could download them from the internet but apparently not for the Audigy 2.

But thanks anyway. Looking at the creative forums it seems like you have to buy a new CD from them if you can´t find a pirate site or something which got it.

Try This Russian site
Can't you just fix the cd?
Either wet sand it (start with some 800 grit and then finish it with some 1500 grit... sand (or buff) across the scratch....do not go in circles!!) or just use Brasso to buff out the scratches. Toothpaste has also been known to do the trick as well. ;)

Edit: BTW the Creative forum is a pack of morons, the sooner you realize that the better.

Originally posted by X86Dude
Try This Russian site
Can't you just fix the cd?
Either wet sand it (start with some 800 grit and then finish it with some 1500 grit... sand (or buff) across the scratch....do not go in circles!!) or just use Brasso to buff out the scratches. Toothpaste has also been known to do the trick as well. ;)

Edit: BTW the Creative forum is a pack of morons, the sooner you realize that the better.

Well the one I got my Audigy 2 from send it with the mail with hardly any cover at all. I am amazed that my soundcard actually survived the mail handling. But the cd got a major crash it just aren´t funny. I can´t imagine it´s recoverable. The scratch is so deep the cd is almost completely cut on one side and 30 cm:s in.

I will try that one and see if they got anything.

Originally posted by oqvist
Well the one I got my Audigy 2 from send it with the mail with hardly any cover at all. I am amazed that my soundcard actually survived the mail handling. But the cd got a major crack it just aren´t funny. I can´t imagine it´s recoverable. The scratch is so deep the cd is almost completely cut on one side and 30 cm:s in.

I will try that one and see if they got anything.

Luckily I am on a 10 mb connection so it will only take 40 minutes or so :)

Originally posted by jmr
Try www.soundblaster.com

Please! Don´t you think I would know where to first look for the drivers?

Anyway yes that worked splendid. Am up and running now with all UPDATES on creatives homepage.

I have to say that the analogue sound is really 10 times better than the soundstorms I used to have. And I only got some budget headphones Plantronics A90 not really high end.

Sorry I tried to delete my post but the forum doesn't allow that. I recommended that URL becuase I've had trouble with Creative.com before but maybe it was a momentary problem on their end.

Originally posted by jmr
Sorry I tried to delete my post but the forum doesn't allow that. I recommended that URL becuase I've had trouble with Creative.com before but maybe it was a momentary problem on their end.

No prob :) Creative should have the applications on their webserver you would think. It´s not like you can pirate Audigy cards :p

Back