where to buy xbox 360?

animalchin

[H]ard|Gawd
all im asking for this year is an xbox360 since there really isnt anything else i need and my parents are fine with that they just have looked and cant find any. there are a few bundles but the cheapest was $600 and doesnt have madden which id like. they told me it would help if i could find a place to buy one, so does anyone have some recommendations? all my friends are saying you wont be able to get one but then microsoft is saying there wont be a shortage.

you wont be able to find one in stores until march 2006 i bet ya. eb is taking orders for that shipment. bottom line, if you want one now before xmas, then youll have to pay extra on ebay for one.

The last buzz that I heard was that there would be one more shipment right before christmas, talk to your local walmart.

bestbuy, circuit city, walmart, target, toys-r-us, compusa, costco, sams club, shopko. IDK who else thats whos in my area.

Well Wednesday Thursday of next week we will find out if this is true or not. If it is I may have hope of getting one afterall.

your best bet is to become good friends with the manager of every local BB, Circuit City, Walmart etc.. in your area. That way they can tell you when a shipment is coming in. When it is get your parents to line up outside the store an hour or so before it opens and you have a decent shot at getting one.

I had to wait for 11 hrs to get mine....

i was at eb games today and a bunch of people kept calling in asking when they would get their next shipments of 360's and the guy was saying that they get shipments everyday of the week and he said he wasn't sure which day next week they would get theres in. Maybe if you're lucky you can score one from there.

I live in the Atlanta area btw

I was 77 on list and said little after christmas or so. Can't really remember.

According to a number of sources & "rumor" all around the Xbox.com community forums, popular retailers are suppose to be restocked with an ungiven amounts of both core & premuim systems every tuesday. Microsofts Goal is to attempt to have almost every home filled with a system by X-mas time. Of course this isn't going to happen however. Especially with them lining up launchs in other countries right after the North American Launch. Some managers & emplyoees of places like EB & Gamespot are also saying that there expecting there next shipment on tuesday/ This is all word of mouth though. I do expect atleast 1 more shipment from microsoft b4 X-mas atleast.

-DarkLegacy

I really want one but Im not a fool to ebay it. I am going to try once my sister leaves agian. When she is here I cant get anything done. Soon I will get my PGR3 and DOA4 on!

Youll be able to get one before x-mas....dont believe all this 2006 crap. M$ isn't going to miss out on holiday sales... :rolleyes:

Circuitbreaker8 said:
Youll be able to get one before x-mas....dont believe all this 2006 crap. M$ isn't going to miss out on holiday sales... :rolleyes:

QFT. MS is obviously playing the marketing-hype game with intentional shortages and false dates and will have another shipment before Christmas. Who knows how big, but there will be more during the first or second week of December.

I think MS has been pretty good with their console. They played the Hype game as every other company normaly does but they are working to having them out their before chirstmas. They are not stupid the 360 is not as rushed as some think or hope.

{NG}Fidel said:
I think MS has been pretty good with their console. They played the Hype game as every other company normaly does but they are working to having them out their before chirstmas. They are not stupid the 360 is not as rushed as some think or hope.

It is most certainly rushed-to-hell (see: hardware issues - aka lack of testing, Bill insisting that they be 1 year ahead of the other systems despite the short time since the X1 launched, Bill Gates admitting to being nervous about the launch, short launch games, and many launch-game moving to 2006), but that doesn't mean they won't have more by X-mas. Their marketing department is hard at work here, and there will certainly be at least 1 more shipment between now and December 24th.

I dont think so but to each their own. Remember even if only 1% of consoles were defective thats 5000 angry people complaining so your bound to hear about it. I think the only reason think it was rushed is because of the MS Sony Battle. Consoles (1st Gen) come with defects every company has this happen. Bill Gates being nervous about a launch? This console ground is new ground for him I would be nervous too with a worldwide launch at that.

Do the math...the system's been out almost a week, there are massive shortages, and MS has yet to release their usual press release saying they sold a million units in the first 2 days. Wanna hazard a guess why that is? It's pretty obvious.

MS doesn't have the systems to ship...period....and if they can't ship 'em, retailers can't sell them. Whether it's because of production problems, a near simultaneous worldwide launch, hype, incompetence, or all of the above, they're not producing them fast enough to meet the demand.

If anyone thinks you'll see a weekly shipment of 360s by the hundreds to each Best Buy, Circuit City, Wally World, etc, I've got some *really* nice land down in FLA. to sell ya.

Now, some online souces are speculating that there were around 400,000 to 700,000 units shipped to the U.S. That's a huge disparity right there...and as yet, MS ain't saying a word to confirm anything, one way or another. Remember, this is the same company that let the entire world know that it sold 1.5 million copies of Halo 2 in the first 24 hours. :D

My own guess is around 150,000 to 200,000, which is based on my own rampant speculation, nothing more. I gotta figure, though, at 700,000 units, all of the pre-orders would have been filled, even with the 9,000 they gave away, so I'm willing to dismiss that figure out of hand. Even 400,000 units sounds high, especially given all the anecdotal evidence from folks who work retail, detailing how few units many stores around the country actually received.

No one will ever know how many potential customers MS loses by not being able to put the product on the shelves here in the U.S. in time for Xmas...but they're certainly not generating much good will for a company that already has some PR issues.

I was all hyped up to get one, but honestly, the fact that I can't, coupled with some real performance issues that I've seen in the 2 or 3 games I've actually seen up and running (frame rates that looked *really* choppy), has me waiting for a while...maybe even until the PS3 comes out. That's exactly what MS *doesn't* want, I guarantee you, but their inability to put product on shelves has had that effect for me, and I'm guessing, some other folks as well.

madddog67 said:
If anyone thinks you'll see a weekly shipment of 360s by the hundreds to each Best Buy, Circuit City, Wally World, etc, I've got some *really* nice land down in FLA. to sell ya.
I think we will see it in the hundreds, but not for each store, more like for each chain, lol.

Where to buy Xbox 360:

1) Walmart
2) Target
3) Kmart
4) Best Buy
5) Circuit City
6) EB Games
7) Gamespot
8) Toys R Us
9) Sams Club
10) Costco
11) Frys Electronics
12) Compusa
13) Skopco
14) KB Toys
15) Ebay.com
16) Newegg.com
17) Buy.com
Of course; those places will have them in stock when ever they receive them.

madddog67 said:
Do the math...the system's been out almost a week, there are massive shortages, and MS has yet to release their usual press release saying they sold a million units in the first 2 days. Wanna hazard a guess why that is? It's pretty obvious.

MS doesn't have the systems to ship...period....and if they can't ship 'em, retailers can't sell them. Whether it's because of production problems, a near simultaneous worldwide launch, hype, incompetence, or all of the above, they're not producing them fast enough to meet the demand.

Now, some online souces are speculating that there were around 400,000 to 700,000 units shipped to the U.S. That's a huge disparity right there...and as yet, MS ain't saying a word to confirm anything, one way or another. Remember, this is the same company that let the entire world know that it sold 1.5 million copies of Halo 2 in the first 24 hours. :D

My own guess is around 150,000 to 200,000, which is based on my own rampant speculation, nothing more. I gotta figure, though, at 700,000 units, all of the pre-orders would have been filled, even with the 9,000 they gave away, so I'm willing to dismiss that figure out of hand. Even 400,000 units sounds high, especially given all the anecdotal evidence from folks who work retail, detailing how few units many stores around the country actually received.

Between the 13 retail stores listed above there are probably 20k actual physical stores (Walmart and EB/GS have over 3000 stores each, Target and Kmart close to 1500 each), and even if there isn't quite that many among those 13 when you throw in all the smaller chains that sold the 360 you pretty much have to get to 20k eventually.

So assuming a very ungenerous 20 units shipped to each of those stores you still get 400,000 in sales from retail stores alone. Add in online sales and there is no way that total doesn't hit at least 500,000 units sold, and probably closer to 600,000.

The reason that all the preorders wouldn't be met even with 700,000 units is because EB's and GS's averaged over 125 preorders per store (For instance, there was almost 500 total preorders between just the 2 EB's near where I work, and those stores are only a block apart!) which amounts to 400,000 preorders. That is RETAIL only too. Add in online orders at their 2 websites and it would have to be over 450,000 total preorders from just 2 retailers. If all those orders had been met that would have left only 15 units to each other retail outlet in the US and none for online sales.

1) Walmart
2) Target
3) Kmart
4) Best Buy
5) Circuit City
6) EB Games
7) GameStop
8) Toys R Us
9) Sams Club
10) Costco
11) Frys Electronics
12) Compusa
13) Skopco
14) KB Toys
15) JC Penny
16) Mediaplay
17) GameCrazy
18) MicroPlay.CA
19) Sears
20) Barnes and Noble.com
21) #bay.com
22) Newegg.com
23) Buy.com

Tell your parents to grease up the visa card and head to eBay. I doubt well see any more XBox until after the holidays. Id wait. Then you wont have to pay some cyberbandit twice the retail price. In fact after christmas eBay will be a virtual dumping ground for the left over xBoxes.....that will be interesting to see. Have your parents buy you all the peripherals and games you want, then sit tight. :D merry christmas.

New shipments of XBOX 360s should already be in store. It will not be hard to get your hands on one for Christmas.

Draax said:
New shipments of XBOX 360s should already be in store. It will not be hard to get your hands on one for Christmas.

where????abu dabai???? ;)

Z(+)DIAC said:
By the way, when did KB Toys carry current gen stuff? I remember going to a couple around my area and the latest PS2 game they had was released almost 8 months ago.

Has not been confirmed.
Went to google.com and searched kbtoys and kbtoys website headings say
"KB Toys.com - Toys, Video Games, Collectibles, Software and More"
I thought video games ment Xbox 360s ..

Z(+)DIAC said:
Either you are very misinformed or are just plainly speaking out of your ass.
If your going to post inflammatory comments at least make sure you can back them up. There are multiple post in this forum and others very clearly detailed that a new shipment of 360s has already arrived in stores or is on its way.

In addition, to further the evidence that I am the informed one I would suggest you look into how Microsoft has three of the largest manufactouring plants in China cranking out XBOX360s.

Ill go one step further and introduce you to the fundamentals of marketing. You limit the supply of a product when it is first released, to increase demand and buzz about your product. In essence, create an artifical shortage, to increase sales

Dont write checks your ass cant cash :rolleyes:

Draax said:
If your going to post inflammatory comments at least make sure you can back them up. There are multiple post in this forum and others very clearly detailed that a new shipment of 360s has already arrived in stores or is on its way.

In addition, to further the evidence that I am the informed one I would suggest you look into how Microsoft has three of the largest manufactouring plants in China cranking out XBOX360s.

Ill go one step further and introduce you to the fundamentals of marketing. You limit the supply of a product when it is first released, to increase demand and buzz about your product. In essence, create an artifical shortage, to increase sales

So...........you dont know of any places that have a second shipment, do you?????
Not to be inflammatory.....but where are these "next shipments"???? Ive seen none. No where.Nada.Zip. Marketing or not......there arent any.

Draax said:

I suggest you do the same. I won't believe this until I see it. If there are supposedly more shipments coming in I would think they would be within the next week or two, as Christmas is nearing. No matter how many shipments they pump out there still will be massive shortages, I mean take a look at the fiasco it's causing on ebay. Furthermore look at some of the people that preordered the damn thing and aren't scheduled to receive theirs until after Christmas.

I would like to give MS a shadow of the doubt, but clearly there won't be enough shipments in time for Christmas to meet most of the demand. Plus it doesn't help that they decided to go worldwide with the launch, which in some cases is good, but clearly is negative in the aspect of shortages. Besides, why even bother investing alot into the oriental economy as the Xbox itself was met with sour feelings. I'm going to try and find the article, but it's suggested that the 360 will sell less of any current system (both console and handheld) in the orient by the end of the year.

Eh

You could buy my Premium 360. You just have to buy the extra wireless controller, PD0, and the play and charge kit with it.

$570 + Shipping and it is yours.

magoo said:
So...........you dont know of any places that have a second shipment, do you?????
Not to be inflammatory.....but where are these "next shipments"???? Ive seen none. No where.Nada.Zip. Marketing or not......there arent any.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=984290&page=1

6th post down, Steve, as in Hardocp's Steve and therefore a very reliable source, says that he is already seeing new shipments showing up in stores. He doesn't say where, but he says he's seen it.

At least one other person in that thread also posted that retailers have seen shipments come in after the initial release date shipments.

Best Buy in San Francisco is very confident of receiving new shipments every week; so much so they're taking preorders "guaranteed" to to be fulfilled before Xmas. Problem is you have to preorder their ultra-premium and ultra-pricey ($1000) bundle. Oddly, their sales staff was apologetic about the cost of the preorder but the company line is the preorder is the ONLY way you'll get a 360 before Xmas.

arentol said:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=984290&page=1

6th post down, Steve, as in Hardocp's Steve and therefore a very reliable source, says that he is already seeing new shipments showing up in stores. He doesn't say where, but he says he's seen it.

At least one other person in that thread also posted that retailers have seen shipments come in after the initial release date shipments.

Im really not trying to be an ass, but Ive just not seen any, anywhere near me at all. Now maybe in South Dakota or Montana where there are less people, but around where I live the well is dry. Ive read all sorts of rumors and "sightings" but this is becoming alot like Elvis.

Im very skeptical that the production will be able to satisfy the WORLD with enough product in the next three plus weeks. We will no doubt see scattered product, but I dont think that MS will ship another launch volume like 22 November. Look at EB or Gamestop they have next arrivals in March for crying out loud.

My son would love one of these for Christmas.....but it just aint gonna happen unless I want to go to eBay and pay roughly double the MSRP. BAH!HUMBUG! Merry christmas,Bill. :D

magoo said:

You need to be on the xbox forums to know for sure. Draax is correct, there was a small shipment sent out to what seem to be select states & quite a bit of people got there consoles on Tuesday. Alot of them showing off images or posting on the forums that they did. Many of them seem to be located where I said earlier, Georgia, NYC, Pennsyvania & LA. There is plenty of proof all over that forum. I know im 100% sure cus a friend in mine on a waiting list got his from EB yesterday. Only one though, others I know are still waiting.

-DarkLegacy

These same companies EB / Gamestop indicating a shipment in march, are the same companies that grossly over estimated the number of console they would receive, and took way to many pre-orders. I think its fair to say, they really have no clue about the availability of the XBOX360.

Draax said:
These same companies EB / Gamestop indicating a shipment in march, are the same companies that grossly over estimated the number of console they would receive, and took way to many pre-orders. I think its fair to say, they really have no clue about the availability of the XBOX360.

They have no clue.....or were misinformed by MS on the production numbers.These companies are smarter than you think or they would not be making a profit. The production did not meet the demand, period. Im sure if EB online wanted 10,000 copies for argument sake, they sure as heck checked with their supplier before opening up to that many pre-orders. They just plain got hosed.....and shorted. Im sure they didnt want to piss off hundreds of customers on purpose. This whole release has ben handled poorly.

The more pre-orders you take the more money you can generate, even before you have said products in stock.

Draax said:
The more pre-orders you take the more money you can generate, even before you have said products in stock.

Im sorry, I see the glass half-full. They were shorted stock. Playing Russian roulette with other people's money is a bad idea. Look at Enron and MCI. :eek: :eek:

DarkLegacy said:
You need to be on the xbox forums to know for sure. Draax is correct, there was a small shipment sent out to what seem to be select states & quite a bit of people got there consoles on Tuesday. Alot of them showing off images or posting on the forums that they did. Many of them seem to be located where I said earlier, Georgia, NYC, Pennsyvania & LA. There is plenty of proof all over that forum. I know im 100% sure cus a friend in mine on a waiting list got his from EB yesterday. Only one though, others I know are still waiting.

-DarkLegacy

Dude, I don't think that's right. I have looked at all the forums and there is absolutley no PROOF. People have asked for proof like pics of reciepts and so on but then the thread mysteriously dies when the original poster is called out. If you have any PROOF please show it to me.

Back