Where can you buy a Cheap HDMI cable in store??

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have to buy in store? if not monoprice.com prolly under $6 plush s/h

Fry's had 10 foot HDMI-HDMI cables for $5.77 last week in store. I think the cheapest ones now in store are 6' for $12.90 on clearance.

Ha... my friend used to work at Best Buy and it was pretty fun looking up the markup on different items. We once found a DVI cable with over 1000% markup. Cost to Best Buy was ~$5 and it was selling for ~$55. While their markups on more expensive items are reasonable, their markups on small accessories are mind boggling. That's where they make all of their money.

Yeah love monoprice.

2' HDMI cable @ compUSA was $120 (I shit you not)

30' cable from monoprice ~$30 -40shipped (I don't remember the exact price as this was over a year ago)

As far as in-store though, it's probably extremely hit and miss.

Ha... my friend used to work at Best Buy and it was pretty fun looking up the markup on different items. We once found a DVI cable with over 1000% markup. Cost to Best Buy was ~$5 and it was selling for ~$55. While their markups on more expensive items are reasonable, their markups on small accessories are mind boggling. That's where they make all of their money.

Yeah, the 1000% markup isn't uncommon for cables at BestBuy. Just about any USB cable that they sell for $30 the employees get for around $3.50. It's sad really. People will come in and ask why we charge 3 times as much as WalMart does and ours aren't even a name brand.

easiest way to do this would be like so.

buy one from wal mart, preferably one in a box or some form of reclosable packaging.

order a cheap one from monoprice

use the walmart one until the monoprice one comes in

return the walmart one.

thats what i did when i bought my hdtv

get one with overnight shipping from monoprice. Will still be much cheaper than most stores.

Yeah - Right. :rolleyes: I was at BB over the weekend and saw a HDMI cable for a PS3 for $100. Yes - $100. The PS3 has a regular HDMI port so this wasn't a special HDMI cable or anything. :mad: There ought to be a law against price gouging like that. I guarentee you that it wasn't worth a penny more than one of the $7 monoprice HDMI cables.

Like the other guys said, if you need it right now, find the cheapest one local, then order one off monoprice, once you get the monoprice one, return the first one. :)

easiest way to do this would be like so.

order a cheap one from monoprice

use the walmart one until the monoprice one comes in

Like the other guys said, if you need it right now, find the cheapest one local, then order one off monoprice, once you get the monoprice one, return the first one. :)

Don't do this. It seems really shady....

How does it seem shady?

If you need a cable right now... you have to go brick and mortar, so you buy whatever you can local, then you can order one off monoprice and return the item to whatever store you bought it from... there isn't a restocking fee if it's not a big item.

I wouldn't recommend buying one from walmart then returning it. But it is quick thinking. I'd say try to plan better next time and just buy from monoprice. I love that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back