Whens the 939 3500+ go on sale?

uvi

Weaksauce
I thought it was supposed to be today, price drop of 50 bucks or somethin. Anyone know?

Just grab the 3400+ 939pin, since it's basically a 3500+ but with 800HTT instead of 1000HTT, I'm sure a few clicks from an overclocker can get it back to 1000HTT anyway. Besides you won't even notice the difference between 800HTT and 1000HTT

Neweggs prices reflect most of the new costs, except for the 3400, 3500 and the lower 939's. These should go down further as more vendors show the price cuts caused by the launch of the 4000+ and FX-55.

Wasn’t sure if you already knew, the one’s from Newegg are the 130nm for the AMD 64 3500+, not the 90nm. I ordered one this is what I got 130nm :( .

I’m thinking of sending it back, and getting one from Monarch Computers.

Is the difference really that great betweent he 90 and 130? I've been waiting to build but I don't think I can wait any longer.

The 130nm 3500 isnt anything to scoff at either! There are lots of happy people with those procs. the only problem with 939 is the motherboard suckage.

apHytHiaTe said:
...the only problem with 939 is the motherboard suckage.

lol, now I'm going to be second guessing the wisdom of making the move to my first AMD system.

the 939 motherboards are NOT THAT BAD! holy shit, everyone keeps saying that, but really, its the first-gen stuff, so give it a break :D i have the Asus A8V Rev. 2 and its running great!!!!

apHytHiaTe said:
the only problem with 939 is the motherboard suckage.
i'm gonna second iceweasel here, people really need to stop with the fud about how 939 boards suck. if you have proof, please show us, if it's second hand of another guy's problem, stow it, cause you can search and turn up hundreds of random people who have an assortment of issues. i feel that the majority of boards that are sold are pretty good, and we hear a lot from the few people who got sucky boards

I'm happy with my .130µm 3500+. I've got it for +-2 months and I've been gaming like mad. No reason to wait for a .090µm unless you really need it because it's better at overclocking (not sure?).

Stop worrying about the details and start gaming :cool:

IceWeasel said:
the 939 motherboards are NOT THAT BAD! holy shit, everyone keeps saying that, but really, its the first-gen stuff, so give it a break :D i have the Asus A8V Rev. 2 and its running great!!!!

Err... I remember P4C800Deluxe and IC7G were first gen as well... :) (I know apples and oranges), Quite frankly, it will be hard to find the "Perfect board" for everyone as each board has its own quirks. It's just matter of finding out where these quirks are for each board (which only is possible to obtain after being out on market for a while anyway)
When I got P4C800Deluxe and IC7G when it just came out, there was upheaval of people yelling that these were crap board :p BTW, doesn't A8V have OVP on v-core as well as VDIMM? I need something that can do around 1.8-1.9v core and 3.4-3.6 vdimm without auto shutting down if I jump to 939.

Keon said:
I'm happy with my .130µm 3500+. I've got it for +-2 months and I've been gaming like mad. No reason to wait for a .090µm unless you really need it because it's better at overclocking (not sure?).

Stop worrying about the details and start gaming :cool:

The 90 nano 3500+ is faster then the 130 nano version and it will also overclock better, run cooler, and carry a cheaper price tag.

ok maybe not mobo suckage, but 754 is much more proven and possibly more reliable. really when it comes down to it, any amd64 solution is a good investment :)

ah yes, but 754's will be phased out of production by the end of this year.. meaning prices are gonna drop like a rock, so why buy in now? might as well wait and get a late x-mas gift at that rate :D .90nm 939's are gonna be in full production in the next quarter.. if i knew the link where I read that, I would post it. it was straight from AMD though

Back