When can we likely see 24'' LCD monitors drop in price?

gaeko

Weaksauce
Like all the way down to $300? Any predictions? I currently have two 17'' LCD monitors, and would love to swap em both for a 24'', but at the current moment it would be cheaper to buy two 22'' monitors than a single 24''!

Should I just go with a 22'' monitor and a 17'' LCD? Suggestions?

I just can't afford to spend more than $300 on a monitor, so if it'll take years for 24'' LCD monitors to drop down to that level, I'll just go with a 22'' for now.

When the TN based 24's come out in a few weeks the prices should get to the $400's but no way will they be all the way at $300 yet. Atleast not until some crappy brand like westinghouse or mag starts making them.

What you are looking for will not happen in the foreseeable near future. Sorry to say that the industry is going two different ways in price. First, some of the companies that are looking just for the buck are starting to sell some very low quality panels at a lower cost. The other trend is that they are introducing new features such as additional connections and additional features to go with the current panel types for the same price from what panels were being sold 6 months ago. Unless someone comes up with a new way of manufacturing a new type of panel at a lower cost, there will not be much of a price reduction from where we sit now.

Not anytime soon, maybe when they start phasing out LCDs and move onto...whatever. They'll always have to, at the very least, separate different price ranges for different sizes. Looks like ~$300 will be the 20"-22" TN for a while. Like others said, probably when TN 24" comes out it'll make it to the $350-$400.

if you can't afford 500$ for a monitor with a decent type panel, how the hell can you afford the hardware to push 1920x1440 to do anything worthwhile?

I gave up and bought the 190$ acer today and bb :(

It depends on what you are using it for. For Photoshop work and High Definition video playback all you need is a card like my 8500GT but if you are gaming you really need something like my 1950 Pro or better to work with a 1920X1200 resolution.

Back