Whats your 9800 Pro OC?

Perspective

Weaksauce
ive had mine for a week and am unsure what the normal overclock range is for the cards, any numbers from fellow [H]'ers would be appreciated. Using W1zzards wonderful OC tool btw.

i run my aiw9800 @ xt speeds when i game.
(412/365)

i have a vga silencer and ramsinks on it.

I run my 9800pro 128MB @ 403/362 w/ no mods to the vid card. I only use it when I benchmark or play graphically demanding games. I use W1zzards too. :D

can't run any higher than xt speeds, pretty sure a flash to xt would help with some more volts but im not gonna mess with that.

if you flash it to XT, and for somereason something happens to the card and you have to RMA it

Is it possible to load the default settings and keep the warranty ?

Hell I don't really count, but my Sapphire Non-Pro (flashed to pro) is at 438/378, and still using stock cooling

Rite now im at 382/346 but im still in the process of highering it, i beleive it can go up to about 480/365 so im just ganna take it slow, within 3 weeks it should be at about 480/365

BBA 9800 Pro Retail
410/380 w/ VGA Silencer and ramsinks

Wish I could get more fromt he core but I think it's about topped out.

bone stock bb ati 9800 pro...
420/370

thats backed down 10mhz each from artifact/error limit.

Gigabyte 9800 Pro flashed to 9800XT running at 440/760.

It's been awhile since I had my 9800Pro.....I know the core was about 405-410 but for the life of me, I can't remember what I had the ram at. 710 or 720 or something'd be my best guess but don't hold me to that. :rolleyes: ;)

I did have my card running speeds in the specs. But according to w1zzards tool. Its not stable. When I use w1zzards tool I can get my memory artifact free at 363.00, this morning I set my memory at 363.00 and left the find max core on and I left the house. Ill see what it is stable at when I get home. Hope I dont blow up my PC :(

Added a Crystal Orb, Arctic Silver 5, Radio Shack aluminum heatsinks (for ramsinks) with epoxy. I top out at 440/385. Minor artifacts at 390 memory, snow at 450 core.

i was asking cuz i wasnt seeming to find the max for my card stable, as of right now its acting stable at 450 core, 380 mem, im still testing it at those speeds though :)

To all the guys out there claiming fat overclocks on "stock cooling".

Bad idea, touch your card's pcb/heatsink/ram after a few hours of straight gaming. That shizz is damn hot.

Better off getting some 3rd party cooler / ram sinks. It can't be good to run a piece of $400 hardware that hot for that long.

Oh and when I bring my core up to around 416 - 420 I get extreme snow (white dots all over) guess I can't get that high.
Still havn't tried my samsung 2.8ns ram past 465 yet.

Originally posted by merlin704
Gigabyte 9800 Pro flashed to 9800XT running at 440/760.

Hmmmm, something tells me you know something I don't. What do you gain by flashing a 9800Pro to a 9800XT?

Back in July or so when I pushed it as far as it would go, it was 480/380 artifact free, and stable. It would go up to almost 500Mhz core, and it went past 410Mhz mem, but artifacted so badly it looked like Tempest.

Sold the card last month for $240.

9800XT - 420/370 (stock air). I haven't done any tweaking with it all that much.

I'm more curious as to what the users who use Peltiers and Watercooling/Phase-Change are getting =)

Air cooling is sooooo last millenium dudes *throws rocker symbol*

Maaaan, how are you guys pulling those numbers?! I've got a koolance water cooling system with CHC-A09 GPU cooler and I can't pull more than 405mhz core without getting snow. Using Arctic Silver5 compound on my legit 9800pro 256.

Am I doing something wrong here? :confused:

Can anyone offer any advice? Should I get a replacement card? I'm not too sure about the exact / best method for applying coolers to the GPU (how much compound and such to use) so any advice would be great. It is however cooling my p4 3ghz @ 3.3 with idle temps of 28c and full load at 38c.

Thanks for any help :D

Originally posted by FlatFeet
Maaaan, how are you guys pulling those numbers?! I've got a koolance water cooling system with CHC-A09 GPU cooler and I can't pull more than 405mhz core without getting snow. Using Arctic Silver5 compound on my legit 9800pro 256.

Am I doing something wrong here? :confused:

Can anyone offer any advice? Should I get a replacement card? I'm not too sure about the exact / best method for applying coolers to the GPU (how much compound and such to use) so any advice would be great. It is however cooling my p4 3ghz @ 3.3 with idle temps of 28c and full load at 38c.

Thanks for any help :D
welcome to [h]ard my friend.

could be too much thermal compound applied, it really doesnt take much. check out what arctic silver says...
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions.htm

Originally posted by superjohnny
Hmmmm, something tells me you know something I don't. What do you gain by flashing a 9800Pro to a 9800XT?

Artifacts & looser video ram timings.

520/391.

that was done on air just the other day, a month ago it took a tec to do it.

i will try for even higher this week :)

454/378 is the highest i've been able to go with water cooling and ramsinks. Once upon a time that was with no artifacts, but lately i've had to keep it a little lower to avoid them. I'm trying to decide if i'm going to volt mod the gpu and memory to go higher. If i were to ruin my card, my wife would kill me. One of the bad parts of being married.

ATI 9800 Non Pro Volt Modded 1.9 v on Core and 3.25 volts on Cheap Infineon 3.3. OCZ ramsinks and VGA silencer. 497/363 Artifact Free. Anything over 363.....and It Geeks. One notch above 497 and snow starts to appear.

micnoel
Volt mod it Just Be careful.... I toasted one and my wife did'nt kill me...She will If I toast another one.

Originally posted by Stang Man
here's a nice volt mod for those guys looking for even MORE mhz from their 9800's...

link

Now if only I could find one for the 9800XT.....and grow the balls to do something like that to my $650 video card. :rolleyes: :D

Back