Whats the worst game Dev and Game Publisher (Poll)

Worst developer: Tie - Midway and Acclaim - I have not played a single game from either company that I thought was worth buying or even playing for more than 10 minutes.

Worst publisher - EA... not really a question there.

No widescreen, no buy.

true, but you must understand: widescreen is CHEATING!!!!!!! good for ea for trying to quell cheating. because they are SO against unfair advantages of any kind (what sports game exclusivity deals?).

/sarcasm

true, but you must understand: widescreen is CHEATING!!!!!!! good for ea for trying to quell cheating. because they are SO against unfair advantages of any kind (what sports game exclusivity deals?).

/sarcasm

Hell, I'd take a letterbox effect if I could at least have it give me more than 1600 wide (or 1080 tall) I just want the extra pixels drawn.

but 1280x1024 or 1024x768 on a 37" screen is SHIT.

Funny thing is, scarface runs @ 1920x1080 just fine.

ubisoft 4 their half ass pc releases, splinter cell double agent seems to like to work with g80s.
22cp7.jpg

logo_valve_footer.jpg

Engine is trying blanket support too many games and in reality not doing a good job with any of them, also, they never interact with their forum members

Hell, I'd take a letterbox effect if I could at least have it give me more than 1600 wide (or 1080 tall) I just want the extra pixels drawn.

but 1280x1024 or 1024x768 on a 37" screen is SHIT.

Funny thing is, scarface runs @ 1920x1080 just fine.

i hope you realize that that was complete and utter sarcasm.

IMHO, worst devs are the ones that made Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (don't remember their name, but I should, so that I don't buy another game of theirs anymore).
I mean the game, as it was released, would barely run. It crashed so often that I stopped playing it until the first patch.
Which btw, didn't fix that much and the game continued to crash multiple times. Only with the second patch, was it actually "playable".
Who in their right minds, releases a game in that state to the public ?

Publisher, probably EA, but I don't pay too much attention to publishers. I'm more concerned with the developers of the games I buy.

lol bethesda? everything they touch turns to gold (daggerfall, morrowind, oblivion were all masterpieces). Unless you want to count all of their weird cell phone games.

Their engine optimization skills suck ass (I bet modern computers STILL can't run morrowind on max details with a consistent framerate) but the games are kickass.

Yeah. I'm hoping Qarl was just joking :)

EA / DICE has my vote. Worst ever.

They DESTROYED the BF series.

Acclaim....they used to put out LOADS of games just like EA but for the life of me I can't think of a single really good one.

Does no one remember Revolt? One of my favorite games ever.

My vote for this has to go to EA. They kicked the PC crowd in the nuts with their sports games (most notedly NCAA Football), relying on console game development then porting (shitty porting, at that) to PC, and their business model seems to be centered around screwing customers over with overpriced and frequent expansion packs (Sims and Sims 2). I'm not going to get into the details of their programmer abuse in the past.

Seem to be unanimous. EA ... the worst publisher out there.

So...

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?!?!?!?!?!

Its been going on for YEARS. Are we going to do something? Otherwise whats the point of everybody getting pissed over it.

Oh noes a single game they released sucks, they must be the worse developers ever! Go play the Jak Series, Rachet Series, Sly Series, GoW, ICO, SotC, Socom Series, Gran Tursimo, FF7 (Square developed, SCEA published), Colony Wars (so better make a PS3 one), Wipeout, Syphon Filter, Rogue Galaxy, MedEvil, LocoRoco, Hot Shots Golf and even Alundra... theres probably more but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Jak series was Naughty Dog, Ratchet was Insomniac, Sly was Sucker Punch, ICO and SotC were Sony Japan. Gran Turismo was Polyphony, Colony Wars was Psygnosis (not even SCEA published, no idea why it's on your list), Wipeout was SCE Liverpool, Rogue Galaxy was Level 5, Medevil was Sony England again, LocoRoco was Sony Japan, Hot Shots was Clap Hanz, Alundra (wow, going way back) was Matrix Software.

From your list, only Syphon Filter, Socom, and God of War were developed by SCEA, and Socom was a co-development.

I would say that God of War pretty much exempts them from the 'worst developer' list, but there you go.

Seem to be unanimous. EA ... the worst publisher out there.

So...

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?!?!?!?!?!

Its been going on for YEARS. Are we going to do something? Otherwise whats the point of everybody getting pissed over it.

Amen brother!

Jak series was Naughty Dog, Ratchet was Insomniac, Sly was Sucker Punch, ICO and SotC were Sony Japan. Gran Turismo was Polyphony, Colony Wars was Psygnosis (not even SCEA published, no idea why it's on your list), Wipeout was SCE Liverpool, Rogue Galaxy was Level 5, Medevil was Sony England again, LocoRoco was Sony Japan, Hot Shots was Clap Hanz, Alundra (wow, going way back) was Matrix Software.

From your list, only Syphon Filter, Socom, and God of War were developed by SCEA, and Socom was a co-development.

I would say that God of War pretty much exempts them from the 'worst developer' list, but there you go.

They listed Sony as the worse publisher aswell... which Sony published all those titles. Also Sony owns most of the rights to the titles listed, Naughty Dog is Sony if you didn't know, Sony owns them. Same goes for Polyphony, Psygnosis, Clap Hanz (Unless they are like Insomniac which means 100% Sony exclusive but not owned) and many of the other Sony Development studios you listed... I have no idea what you were trying to prove...

Just like EA (Nascar, Madden, NBA are all made by Tiburon Studios, I use to work for them...), Sony has internal development studios. Many which take on different names but are owned and controlled by Sony... "Sony Corp" does not make games, nor do they publish any.

EA MAYBE, UBISOFT MAYBE, but we all still purchase their games. if it wasnt for these companies, our game library would not have as big as selection that we have today, no matter how bad they are. many of the independants basically owe there soul to these companies.
im not gunna complain.

well WE as consumers don't owe them ANYTHING.

They make TRUCKLOADS of money and as long as its green... they don't care HOW CRAPPY a game is. All they care is that its on the shelves and is selling.

Now try and tell me that EA's customer service rocks.

Ubisoft has done nothing but slip recently and it only saddens me that this is what they are coming to.

EA might publish fun games, but their knack for polish and detail is nonexistent. They rarely can release a game without needing to patch it continuously. The Battlefield series is their icon of poor polish and detail errors. The Sims is the icon as to how EA is a money monger.

Yeah, I had missed your reply, but I still disagree. Bethesda makes quality games above all. Of course they are a company and want money, but I've seen nothing more than good games from them. And that's a plus in my book.
Also, they're not ditching their PC community, to give consoles priority. They are providing quality material, to both platforms. Unlike other companies...

SOE / Lucas
SWG Rest in Peace

if a game ever had untapped potential, it would be star wars galaxies. people from the crew that made ultima + star wars should have = one amazing fucking game. but, lo and behold, sony showed off their amazing ability to fuck up even the most sure of things. rest in peace indeed.

And don't forget super knowledge and great customer service from EA.

Look you idiot I installed medal of honor.
reboot and try to install spearhead, and it says game not found!
WTF is wrong.

Sir can you hold....5 minutes later... I checked with my supervisor and the only
fix we can tell you is to reinstall your operating system

ROFL

And don't forget super knowledge and great customer service from EA.

Look you idiot I installed medal of honor.
reboot and try to install spearhead, and it says game not found!
WTF is wrong.

Hey I used to have all sorts of terrible issues with the MOH expansions as well, especially spearhead. That was one of the buggiest expansions I've ever seen in my life.

ok im confused...if people hate EA so much, then why the hell you keep buying their games? i mean if madden sucked in 2004, and its 2007 why are you still buying the game?

Ubisoft.

R6: Vegas runs horrible, GRAW was a big let down, SC:DA takes forever to get it to run, etc.

Ubisoft = buggy

EA, that final, patches after patches to make the game have more bugs then from the start.

developer, raven software

still designing games like it's 1998, fucking terrible.

Pub : EA

Went straight down the proverbial shitter after Alice shipped,as an aside : So did American McGee's design credibility a few years later after shipping two out and out duds....

Dev : Ion Storm (All three) whatever studio did the last Splinter Cell game....I boight all of them at FULL retail,but the last one,because of all the endless bug reports here and on NvNews... I am takling a wait and see attitude now with all Ubisoft titles because of the last SC title being so bug ridden...

I pre ordered Alice at EB,and paid full retail (69.99)+ taxes Cdn, months before it launched.... I bought NFS:MW a month or so after launch on Ebay for 15 shipped,as I did not want to pay full retail for it.Funny thing,I have thrown away at least 50 hours with that game,my wife three times that much.She loves RPG's and driving games.

Developer = Deep Shadows

Because I was so looking forward to the possibilities in Boiling Point and they completely messed it up with bad performance, script errors, horrible combat system, messed up audio, and mediocre graphics and art direction.

Back