What's the most silent air cooler for a 560 GTX?

Emig5m

Weaksauce
I need to stay as silent as my current DouOrb (on a 8800GT) with the fans turned all the way down with a fan controller. Reason is, this system doubles as a HTPC as well as gaming so it needs to be as silent as possible. Or is there a certain make/model of a 560GTX that already has a fairly silent fan? The stock 8800GT was ok when idle but got way too loud when speeding up for games. The DouOrb even with the fans turned all the way down and the card OC'd by 100Mhz on the core was still 30c cooler than the crappy stock HSF. This was a great setup for that generation card, but what's a good one for today's cards?

So I need to know what a good and quiet aftermarket cooler for today's GPU's is that will still potentially out-cool the stocker and remain more silent like my current cooler. Sorry, I'm way out of the loop with today's hardware and planning on doing a system overhaul fairly soon....

Which 560 do you have now? My Asus DCII 560 is extremely quiet and temps are rock solid (at least in my mATX case with 3x120mm fans). Idle temps are 31c and load temps in game with moderate OC (930c) is 55c @ 40% fan speed, which I cannot hear over my case fans. Now it does get a little bit louder than my case fans if I am benchmarking, and running my stable 990c overclock, in which temps get around 73c on load in OCCT/Kombustor and 64c or so on full load in game.

2x Noiseblocker M12 fans:

http://www.svc.com/nb-mf12-s2.html

Stock exhaust Lian Li 120mm.

Either Asus directCU or Gigabyte's Super Overclocked (or SOC) models are reported to be quite silent for being mere stock coolers.

Which 560 do you have now?
Actually, I didn't yet have one when I posted. I wanted to know so that I could pick one up with the card (a GPU cooler) since Microcenter is 45 minutes one way for me.

Either Asus directCU or Gigabyte's Super Overclocked (or SOC) models are reported to be quite silent for being mere stock coolers.

Yea, I wound up with a Gigabyte, this one to be specific, and it's pretty much dead silent.

Back