What's the most key point when you decide to get a 3d printer

As the title said, what's the key point when you want to get your first 3d printer? Speed or others?
popularity of it. Like an ender 3 there are so many out there that the resources are vast. Speed isn't really important unless you are running production.

Depends on what you need the printer for (size of prints, material). Just as something to learn from or are you wanting like D&D miniatures (which would need a resin printer).

Budget is another, start small with something to test the waters if this is something you enjoy.

What i currently have is a voron v0.1, creality ender3, cr-10s, and anycubic photon resin.

Quality of the prints.

No use buying a 3d printer that is super finicky about working properly just to save a few bucks in the short term.

if you are new to the hobby, stick to Creality or Creality clones. They have the largest communities and have a very healthy supply of replacement and upgrade parts.

The quality of prints is more important than speed. In terms of quality nowadays most of the sub $250 machines can do the job. For a new hobby, I would go for the recently launched Elegoo Neptune 3 Pro or Prusa Mini FDM printers. Check my detailed comparison guide. For beginners, resin printers (for D&D miniatures) can be really put-off experience as it is a messy job. On the bright side, resin printers have become more affordable as competition brings the prices down. Elegoo Mars 3 Pro would be a good starter. Here is another detailed comparison guide for resin printers.

Back