What's the length of BFG 6800ultra AGP?

krizzle

Gawd
I ordered one, now I'm waiting for it to come in.. and now I realize I might have trouble fitting it into my case. My GeForce3 comes quite close to my hard drives, and I need to know how long (e.g. from case slot plate to molex connectors) is the BFG 6800ultra AGP? it would truly suck if my HD racks are in the way.

Thanks!

My BFG 6800U is 22cm long from inside plate to Molex connectors. The Molex connectors need another 2cm (maybe a fraction less) on top of that.

Hey, thanks for taking your time to measure it, man.

Damnit, ain't that a BITCH. My hard drives are 20cm away from the backplate of the case. Shit. And, I've got nowhere to put them. Argh! I guess I'll have to be clever..

krizzle said:

Damnit, ain't that a BITCH. My hard drives are 20cm away from the backplate of the case. Shit. And, I've got nowhere to put them. Argh! I guess I'll have to be clever..

Time to get out that dremel :)

You might think about finding a way to mount your drive cage sidways to save room. I know its not a clear cut answer but it may be a start

krizzle said:

No problem :)

I knew you were in trouble as soon as you said that GF3 was a squeeze. I moved from one of them to the Ultra and the GF3 was small in comparison.

Maybe it's a good excuse to get that new and improved case you've always wanted?

krizzle said:
and chop up hard drives?? COOL.

I figure u can cut ur hard drive.. or your Video card... I'd go with the video card, PCB's easier to cut than solid metal :D

Seriously though, I was thinking you might have to restructur your case, or possibly get some of those 5.25" mounts for 3.5" hard drivers and put them in your 5.25" bays.

well, It goes right up against the 4 drives in the drive cage... I have all 4 of them in there now, and I figure if I can manage to slip the two SATA ones down to the bottom and bring the two IDE's under the floppy and in a USB-header drive cage that i have in one of my 5.25 slots... It might be possible. I get the thing in 10 days, I'll keep you posted.\

I really really like this case though... I'm all prepared to make a windowmod to it... And it goes so well with my Exos.

Why the hell do they make these cards so gargantuan!? argh

krizzle said:
well, It goes right up against the 4 drives in the drive cage... I have all 4 of them in there now, and I figure if I can manage to slip the two SATA ones down to the bottom and bring the two IDE's under the floppy and in a USB-header drive cage that i have in one of my 5.25 slots... It might be possible. I get the thing in 10 days, I'll keep you posted.

Sounds good, keep us posted, and maybe some pics :D

Back