Whats a good card

r4tio

Limp Gawd
Is overclocking easy or is it difficult on a video card. If I get a Radeon 9800 pro or XT does it really need overclocking or a geforce fx 5950 or 5900 ultra

Do the top of the line cards need to be OCed for the games out right now will they give better fps

Nope, a 9800pro or xt can run pretty mucn anything without ocing, but this is the [H] and to be [H]ard you gotta push your system to the limit. :D

Yes you will need to buy a 9800xt and overclock it to run counterstrike.
The newer cards dont run right unless you overclock them They might blow up if you dont or something. Remember gpu's like to run hott enough to become a liquid, at that point you achieve maximum thermal transfer and highest clocks.

Should I get the 9800 pro or a nvidia 5900 ultra. Is overclocking easy, that means if i overclock i need to get a better heatsink for the card right

Originally posted by r4tio
Should I get the 9800 pro or a nvidia 5900 ultra. Is overclocking easy, that means if i overclock i need to get a better heatsink for the card right

i'd reccomend the 9800 pro.

Get the 9800 Pro. Overclocking is never a given. You may or may not need a better heatsink to get higher speeds.

Cloud15x.... ROFL.

Unless your rich and u can afford to fux up a 250+ card(9800Pro) I would recomend not putting a new cooling system on it yet. WHen you have achieve maximum o/c you might put a VGA Silencer on the 9800Pro and get 10-20mhz out of your core. Ramsinks would not be a bad thing either, as long as you have airflow over them, if you dont their pointless.

9800Pro IMO

Vid card o/cing is very simple and their are many programs. Powerstrip and Rage3D(i use rage b/c its built into ati control menu). YOu just set your core/ram clocks through this program and test to find stability.

EDIT: Akuma... your close in posts to me and you see that their are many repeat questions, so you just ahve to be a smartass sometimes.

I dont blame the people though, I blame the search, but for how long its been down, its a thing of the past

Boyz and Girlz... behold the future of repetition

Back