What to do With Old 3800 x 2

Bambi

I Cleaned My Room - And I am a Dude
I've been cleaning my closet out and was wondering what I could do with my old processor once considered a beast. What could I build out of it without spending much. Media server, htpc, etc ect

You just answered your own question. :p Also a Windows Home Server.

Check ebay... the 939 series X2 chips are selling pretty high... kinda like Rambus... don't know why anyone would spend $50-100 on a 1GB of Rambus but they do...

no reason to use that chip if you don't have DDR & a motherboard, cause 939 parts are expensive. Sell it for $50 on Ebay.

Or sell it in the FS/FT forum, lots of ppl here are looking for them. I was until I found out my single core does blu ray just fine...

How could I tell if its socket 939 :( I'm no good with amd as it was my only amd machine long ago

if its old and dual core its a skt 939, i dont think they ever made skt 754 dual cores...

wow, thanks for the info on ebay and the 3800x2 i'm gonna list mine here soon as it has essentially just been collecting dust for the past several months.

Explain please. How can an old 3800 make money

Lol you been living under a rock or what?

Anyways, op, sell it, i sold it with a combo, It did 2.9Ghz and sold it for $120, Friend upgraded to Am2+ and gave it back and did not ask for the money :cool:

Lol you been living under a rock or what?

Anyways, op, sell it, i sold it with a combo, It did 2.9Ghz and sold it for $120, Friend upgraded to Am2+ and gave it back and did not ask for the money :cool:
i meant explain as to why an old chip can still make money without me taking a loss on shipping, but this was before i knew they still sell well.

Alot of people still have the platform and it can still do what most consumers can ask for. Which is why its priced high.

Back