What to do with my HD5870 - upgrading to 30"

cavry

n00b
I am soon upgrading to 30" and need some more horsepower - question is, what to do with my w/c HD5870?

Should I...

1) Keep it as a backup card
2) Buy a second HD5870 for X-Fire? I am running my current card at 1020/1250 Mhz - what is the chance that a second card would run at similar speeds?
2) Sell it?
  • What would be a good price to ask for for a water cooled HD5870 with EK block (Thinking ~$200 for the card and ~$40 for the block - reasonable?) Also, is it better to sell the card the the water block mounted and or should I re-assemle it with the stock cooler and sell the block separately?
  • ebay? Amazon market place? Else?
3) Other ideas? (I guess X-Fire with a 6-series is not possible?)

Thanks for any advice ! ;)

What applications are you running that you don't think will be able to drive the 30"?

I've been playing Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Borderlands on a 30" with a w/c 5870 2GB w/o problems and keeping image quality settings high.

I love to max out all and every settings, I don't think that my 1GB 5870 can handle that properly with new and upcoming games when I double my current resolution (some older/less stressing games excluded obviously) - wrong ?

i might be interested in buying the 5870 for 200 with the reassembled stock cooler, i should know in a day or two.

x-fire on the 5800 series sucked a dick so dont waste your time with that..

I can tell you that my 5870 powers my 30" pretty good though.

Back