what to choose...

geetings [h]orde!

im going to be building a new pc soon. ive already decided on a case, drives, soundcard, psu, etc. all i need now is a proc, vidcard, and mobo. for the proc, im pretty much torn between an am2 x2 5000+ and an e6600 conroe. i plan to spend about $320 on the vidcard, so an xfx overclocked 7950gt is looking real nice right now. if i go with a conroe, i will probably get an asus p5n32-sli, or a comparable dual-gpu-supporting board for an am2 if i get that. thanks in advance.

/discuss

enginurd said:

does anyone have any idea when r these coming out? it would certainly be nice to have these in my build, but if im guna have to wait until well into 2007 then forget it. also, ive heard about these cards being monstrously big. the case im goin with is only 13.4"x13.4"x17.1", so card size is definitely guna b an issue. power is another issue comes to mind. ive read articles that said g80 gpus will need 300 watts for only one card. gess i'll have to wait until some benches are released.

EDIT: also, will either of these cards go for around $300? i really don't want to spend more than that on a graphics card, even if it supports dx10.

i guess you didnt read the articles. the 8800gts/gtx is due out early nov, as well as the nf600 series boards. an 8800gtx will need at least a 450w psu. wait for a card that fits your case, or find another case, hehe.

Back