What the...? $6 for 1TB?

Two epic price mistakes in one day: the Kingston 160GB SSDNow and the Seagate 1TB. The last price mistake at ANTonline buyers were charged a restocking fee, even those who refused the package while in transit. Years ago odds were in the favor of the buyer. Will be interesting to see how this materializes in the age of the Blackberry.

That's why you order on an Amex card. Let them try that shiz and see how fast Amex reverses the charge.

That's why you order on an Amex card. Let them try that shiz and see how fast Amex reverses the charge.

Yea, AMEX is great about that. I charge about $50,000 a year on the AMEX with my travels for work, so they jump when I start complaining.

Don

What was the last price mistake? So they actually shipped out the product, or something else in its place? Hard to believe that they would send you an empty box...

I believe on the slick deals site they said something about them changing the page to an SD type card reader, in which some people posted up screen shots in case they try a bait and switch, however I had taken my own screen shots of my order etc also. If they do send me 10 card readers I will be making a call to my bank that very second. And unless they come get the readers they will not be getting them back.

I believe on the slick deals site they said something about them changing the page to an SD type card reader, in which some people posted up screen shots in case they try a bait and switch, however I had taken my own screen shots of my order etc also. If they do send me 10 card readers I will be making a call to my bank that very second. And unless they come get the readers they will not be getting them back.

Same. :mad:

I agree. Can the credit card company simply cancel the charge at will? Is there some sort of procedure/investigation that is required?

I think they changed their own page (ANTOnline) but nothing about a card reader on Amazon

What I'll be surprised about is that they actually ship the goods out...seems easier just to cancel the orders and dismiss it as a price mistake.

Methinks they're trying to get away with a bit of bait-and-switch as well as trying to make it difficult for those who've ordered a lot to get a refund...

I agree. Can the credit card company simply cancel the charge at will? Is there some sort of procedure/investigation that is required?

I think they changed their own page (ANTOnline) but nothing about a card reader on Amazon

Right, it was on their site and not on Amazon, so they can't really say anything about that, not like it would matter, the screen caps prove other wise.

What I'll be surprised about is that they actually ship the goods out...seems easier just to cancel the orders and dismiss it as a price mistake.

Methinks they're trying to get away with a bit of bait-and-switch as well as trying to make it difficult for those who've ordered a lot to get a refund...

I think it would end up costing them in the long run for shipping (both ways if they want them back) then just canceling. As most banks and CC are pretty good about the whole charge thing, I know my bank is very good with it, so I have no worries.

I don't give a Rat's patoot what they ship me. I have an order confirmation for 10 X 1 TB hard drives. If they ship me something else, they will have to send me a prepaid airbill to get them back, and I will reverse the charges on my credit card if they do not ship what was ordered. And I will win that battle. It is a Lose-Lose for them to bait and switch by this method.

They will likely just cancel all of the orders on Monday when they realize they have 100 in stock, and got 1,000,000 orders over the weekend.

Don

Just thinking right now, if this worked, one could have a petabye system for $6k.

Has anyone tried giving them a call about the situation? I know that goes against rule number one for a SlickDealer, but I'm curious as to how they will proceed.

They can cancel all the orders and be done with it, people will be pissed of course, but it won't cost them anything in the way of shipping and hassle of disputed charges if they were to ship out the actual card readers. Not to mention ANTOnline will be dinged pretty hard through the BBB and other ratings sites for essentially a bait-and-switch, even it was a good-faith mistake in the listing. I've printed my invoice which clearly states I've ordered 1TB hard drives, so I wonder what Amazon will make of all this when this falls through. :confused:

Has anyone tried giving them a call about the situation? I know that goes against rule number one for a SlickDealer, but I'm curious as to how they will proceed.

They can cancel all the orders and be done with it, people will be pissed of course, but it won't cost them anything in the way of shipping and hassle of disputed charges if they were to ship out the actual card readers. Not to mention ANTOnline will be dinged pretty hard through the BBB and other ratings sites for essentially a bait-and-switch, even it was a good-faith mistake in the listing. I've printed my invoice which clearly states I've ordered 1TB hard drives, so I wonder what Amazon will make of all this when this falls through. :confused:

It won't matter unless they Bait-Switch.

If they cancel all all the orders and return money then no harm is really done.

it's 9:15am HST and my order still looks like a go, haven' received any cancellations.

I'm going to shit myself if this thing passes, and then I'll proceed to kick my own ass.

I'm going to shit myself if this thing passes, and then I'll proceed to kick my own ass.

There is no possible way it can go through.

They have not charged my AMEX yet.

Don't worry Ockie, I have no real use for 10 of the darn things. I'll sell ya a couple for 25 bux, and a nice 200% profit for me.

Don

There is no possible way it can go through...

I was thinking the same thing, but it's still pending on my card, and I have not gotten a cancel e-mail yet, if it ships out we will just have to wait and see what we get.

Haha. Yup I just got an email saying my order was cancelled too.
lol. oh well.

It was too good to be true :p

$6 was definitely a mistake.

Just got canceled here too. Charge is still in pending status for me, so as long as that simply disappears, didn't hurt to try

Same. :(

"Dear Valued Amazon Customer,

We make every best effort to ensure all our listings on Amazon.com are listed correctly but occasionally products get mis-matched when loading onto Amazon.com. Unfortunately, that appears to have happened with your recent purchase. While it is understandable that a 1TB Seagate drive would not sell for .38, we regret that a hard drive listing was mixed with a .38 card reader. This order has been canceled, prior to being charged to your account. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

The Support Team at ANTOnline "

Was worth a try.

Back