What retail stores in California currently stock 800's?

I've been high and low and can't find an 800Pro or 800XT in any store, nor have they ever had one in stock. I am in notherthern California.

I called ATI and they said, they won't have any in stock until:

September 15th 800Pro
October 15th 800XT

I called VisionTek corp., and all I get there is sent to an answering machine. I called another number they listed for tech support, and I get a wrong number--Do they have a sales number?

Same thing here - I live in Fremont and have been to just about every computer store in the area, and the only thing some of them have are those empty pre-order boxes on the shelves.

I really don't want to shell out the money on a 6800, only to replace it with an XT when it comes out (I really want the XT, not a 6800), and I'm not going to buy an expensive video card on eBay, so I guess I'm stuck.

You'd think the people at ATI would figure out they *are* losing some customers to 6800 cards, so they'd work out their manufacturing problems. But they either don't get it, or they're unable to fix the problems. Sucks to be them I guess.

Go to Fry's, get a BFG GT. You won't need an XT and you'll save $100.00. The GT smokes the XT PE in OpenGL, and is within 10% of it in D3D. You'll also have a more feature rich card and better drivers. Case closed.

Had to many artifacting problems with the BFG cards myself. I also found some people that had the similar problems with me on the BFG cards, so I'm going to try something different.

OneSneakYmousE said:
Had to many artifacting problems with the BFG cards myself. I also found some people that had the similar problems with me on the BFG cards, so I'm going to try something different.

Were you overlocking? If not, your card was defective. BFG supports the product at 370MHz and will support you if yours has issues at that speed. Shit happens. Should have got another card. My BFG OC is perfect.

Xpcgear.com has the ati x800 and xt instock. I ordered mine on friday and recieved it today.

I e-mailed XPC Gear Sunday night about whether or not the Sapphire XT PE they have listed is actually in stock or not, and they sent me this response late Monday:

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for shopping at xPCgear.com! Actually, we get a few of the XT's in stock every week but they have already been allocated by backordered customers so we ship them out for them but if you would like to be on the waiting list, you can place an order online and when we do get the cards in stock, we'll ship out on a first come, first serve basis.

When i ordered my card from xpcgear.com on friday they told me the same thing, but when i checked my order status that night they had shipped it already. I ordered the OEM sapphire and recieved a retail boxed sapphire with all the software. I would call them and speak to someone.

Back