What Mount & Blade do I play?

Droc

2[H]4U
I picked up all 3 on steam awhile ago and not sure what one I need to install for the most recent play.

Warband or fire and sword?>

ty

Warband has more mods and an original story and the better multiplayer. Fire and sword has a story based on a book and the real world (kind of) and has muskets.

The orignal game is completely pointless if you have Warband (Warband is the same game with multiplayer and an extra Kingdom) so I don't know why it's still sold... :D

Warband has more mods and an original story and the better multiplayer. Fire and sword has a story based on a book and the real world (kind of) and has muskets.

The orignal game is completely pointless if you have Warband (Warband is the same game with multiplayer and an extra Kingdom) so I don't know why it's still sold... :D

I've only really played Warband SP, but it is in my top 5 all-time most played games. Have to give it at least 30 minutes and mastery of the controls before it will really click.

I've only really played Warband SP, but it is in my top 5 all-time most played games. Have to give it at least 30 minutes and mastery of the controls before it will really click.

You should try the multi! 200+ player multiplayer battles can be pretty epic. Especially the arranged "serious" battles with 200+ "trained" people in regiments... :D

You should try the multi! 200+ player multiplayer battles can be pretty epic. Especially the arranged "serious" battles with 200+ "trained" people in regiments... :D

No doubt they sound fun, but ever since I stopped WoW, I tend to avoid competitive MP games just from a time perspective. I don't have the time (or the skill?) to climb the skill learning curve as fast as others, and the whole ordeal generally turns out with me falling behind, losing a lot, and frustrated.

Wish I had more time! But until I do, I'll stick with pretending to be a badass by myself :).

No doubt they sound fun, but ever since I stopped WoW, I tend to avoid competitive MP games just from a time perspective. I don't have the time (or the skill?) to climb the skill learning curve as fast as others, and the whole ordeal generally turns out with me falling behind, losing a lot, and frustrated.

Wish I had more time! But until I do, I'll stick with pretending to be a badass by myself :).

By trained I mean "knows how to point a weapon at something and knows how to move the mouse to the right to swing". Most people do take it a little further than this, but really there isn't thaaat much to learn. :D

Even the top tier players can't decide a massive battle single handedly...and if you suck in the battle theres 99+ people making up for you!

After two complete campaigns of Warband, I have over 5000 in game days in this sucker!

Warband is solid goodness, but I think you need Napoleonic Wars for 250 players in a battle. And I think Napoleonic Wars requires Warband.

You are in for a hilarious time. I couldn't stop playing this game for a while, it was the most entertaining thing I had played in some time, the multiplayer is great.

Last week? I think it was either 3 or 5 dollars.

edit: steam summer sale will have it for the same price soon, I am sure.

Warband for sure, if you get sick of it get some of the mods, they are wonderful. All this talk of warband has me excited for Mount and Blade 2

I'll wait for a nautical themed spiritual sequel I can only assume will be called Helm and Barrel.

Warband, then Napoleonic Wars Mod.

Its absolutely silly, but there is something magical about 100+ players assaulting forts with incredibly inaccurate muskets, a drummer alongside you tapping away, a team of canon and mortar blasts all around you (also pretty inaccurate). I've never done organized line battles but i hear they are quite fun too.

http://youtu.be/-H2KD06jZiQ

Last week? I think it was either 3 or 5 dollars.

edit: steam summer sale will have it for the same price soon, I am sure.

Cool thanks. I'll keep my ears open for this summer sale.

I need to gift some of these.

Also--for anyone new to the game who wants medieval-type setting, Prophecy of Pendor is the mod to get.

I've played TONS of M&B mods, and this one is by far the most polished and feature rich.

Last edited:
I'd really like to see a mod (that would get ported into other mods, ideally) which adds more controls for troop management for the battleground. The built-in controls are rather clunky, though manageable.

Up until my very latest playthrough of pendor i'd always just had guys charge at a certain point or put everyone on follow.

Pendor was tough enough that i had to actually begin playing the battlefield similar to a Total War game, using groups of guys strategically, flanking with calvalry, having a group of guys which were just fodder, lines of archers, pikemen to fight off calvalry, etc...

it was cumbersome to control all the groups, but holy cow--once i got the hang of it, i was able to take on much tougher foes due to my leadership.

Ahh so much fun. I need to play this again.

I would love a new M&B... has Paradox commented on what they're working on?

Pirates mod for Battlefield 1942 was well ahead of it's time, I'd love to play that game again.

Back