What kind of proc is my 3.06 HT laptop proc?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
I mean, pentium- m? Hmm, desktop chip?

What is it exactly? And what makes it a good/ bad proc?

thanks

Michael

P4M

It is a very powerfull chip but it burns quitte a lot o power too.
Almost a mobile workstation...:p

Well, being a 3.06GHz part (and HT enabled) makes it a pentium 4. A 533MHz FSB P4 at that. This, and being a Sager, makes it a desktop-spec part, meaning yes, it sucks down the juice :cool: IIRC, P4-M's aren't made in this specificaion, and even if they were, Sagers use desktop CPUs almost entirely.

It's not a pentium M. Its good because it's a pretty damn quick CPU. Its bad because it sucks down the juice and pours out the heat :eek:

What is it exactly? The exact same thing you'd put in a S478 desktop. :)

eighteen_psi said:
Well, being a 3.06GHz part (and HT enabled) makes it a pentium 4. A 533MHz FSB P4 at that. This, and being a Sager, makes it a desktop-spec part, meaning yes, it sucks down the juice :cool: IIRC, P4-M's aren't made in this specificaion, and even if they were, Sagers use desktop CPUs almost entirely.

It's not a pentium M. Its good because it's a pretty damn quick CPU. Its bad because it sucks down the juice and pours out the heat :eek:

What is it exactly? The exact same thing you'd put in a S478 desktop. :)

In other words, it is truly a desktop chip, instead of a mobile chip

But any advantages to using the desktop chip, vs the P4M equivalent?

Not saying pxc is wrong...that may in fact be what's in it. My sager (since sold) had a fully normal desktop-spec CPU in it...that's the only reason I figured yours might be. Its either what pxc said, or a full-issue desktop one, either way.

Open it and look? :p

Either way you have the same performance though. The desktop chip is no more potent than the M equivalent. Just cheeper.

eighteen_psi said:
Not saying pxc is wrong...that may in fact be what's in it. My sager (since sold) had a fully normal desktop-spec CPU in it...
I forgot that Sager used desktop CPUs in some models. There's not much difference in power consumption on AC anyways.

Back