what is up with the laptop display!

Silvers24

Gawd
It's annoying me all to hell. I own the toshiba A665-S6094

When I compare this "truebright" screen to my sony vaio...its so bright that no matter how I have it set (brightness...anything) blacks are more white then they ever should be...my sony vaio does not have this problem! It's true black on that. (It's a vgn fz 180e)

Ill admit...it looks great...but it's so god damn bright that shit bleeds....unless what I am looking at is bright to begin with. Then it's wonderful.

What is up?
Why does my sony vaio have a much better screen then this toshiba? UGH.

Yeah, contrast. Ive had it everywhere. You have to look at this screen ONE way to get it to almost look alright but messes with other parts of this screen. (Angle views are horrid)...but in the end there is just way to much backlight bleed.

I am thinking about returning it...no way this should have backlight bleed like this. No matter what brightness setting I have it at.
Sucks that best buy don't have any other ones of this model in stock though, but whatever.

I love it otherwise, but I wont put up with this. Ill go back to sony if I have to.

Ah thank god you posted...just as I was. hahah.

Indeed, still brand new from best buy. But my local BB won't have this.
Will they give me any trouble? I would love to keep it..but I think i can find something better.
But with my upcoming semester having an i7 would be great....

You should be able to ask Best Buy to have another Toshiba A665-S6094 shipped from the warehouse to the store. It might take a bit longer, but if you like the laptop that much then that's an option.

In the unlikely event they will not do this (doubtful), simply tell them you want a refund and you'll spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

I wonder to a point if I should not just get one from toshiba themselves, but it's concenring because it's done over online...and i'd have to go through a lot to return it IF there was a problem.

I do love it..the graphics card sucks (better then my sony tho...and I do notice a difference) but the i7 is what I really enjoy as well...even though supposedly the i5 would apperantly be better (but to what dagree?)
This toshiba otherwise outperfomes my sont in many ways...gaming as well..cooling...etc. hmm
But indeed. right now I am uninstaling all the stuff i've installed on it. Sucks...but worth it considering.

Return it and get your money back, then order whatever you want from Amazone 30 return no questions asked. I suggest that you look at ASUS, MSI, Sony, because they all have better screens and simmular specs.

Your old Sony may have an IPS panel in it. These days all most all of them are TN. Some TNs are better than others. I am OK with the screen in my ASUS N71Jq-A1. It is pretty good for a TN panel.

If budget is an issue the core i5 is the same thing as the i7, it just does not have hyperthreading.

The display is the most important part of any computer IMO.

Dave

Back