What is the difference between these (bare) LCD panels?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I got a second hand Dell Latitude 5590 and it has a touchscreen that is bad and it has to be replaced as it is also affecting the image on the screen :(.

Anyway since I know almost nothing about bare LCD panels and I know that while the part looks the same often times there is a small difference that can make it not work or worse cause system damage!

So I present the Dell TN0TC my choice as it is a genuine Dell part and cheaper then the other panel I found which is the HXMYH that is also a generic replacement and not a genuine Dell part.

So are there any mechanical or electrical differences (other then part number and one being a generic "replacement" part?

Thank You in advance!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Be aware the reliability of the parts is a crapshoot.

Sometimes the lower cost eBay/Amazon item is more reliable than the expensive OEM source.

For example we refurbished a broken UW Alienware monitor a neighbor discarded, several different panels fit the bezel, BOM was from 100 to 600 depending on LCD panel.

https://www.panelook.com/index.php

Last edited:
Just a quick update I replaced the screen and all is now well with this laptop!

The hardest part of this was getting the screen bezel off as it was press-fitted with many plastic clips as WELL-AS glued why they felt like it needed to be glued as well is beyond me LoL!

part if the cost is close to the generic
In my case the part cost was actually cheaper than the generic

Edit: I forgot to say the screen is actually brighter now as well

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back