Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Opera

Votes: 19 16.8%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
For home use I enjoy Safari with occasional use of FireFox b/c pages like Old Navy won't load in Safari.

For work I use IE7. Alot of things seem to need IE6+ so I just installed IE7 because I need tabbed browsing. And IE7 does seem to be faster.

Firefox for me. It's the only browser I have liked since Opera 4 or 5. Now that was a small fast browser that didn't use many resources. I still miss the speed of it. Opera also introduced me to tabbed browsing and mouse gestures. I can't live without either anymore. I think I'd go nuts without mouse gestures before tabbed browsing though.

The customization for Firefox through extensions is what sold that browser for me. I've been using it since 0.7 I believe and haven't regretted it. Some of the bugs were annoying but I rarely have any trouble with it anymore.

The main things I would like to see change about Firefox is the memory usage and having the instantaneous forward and back like Opera. I really miss that from Opera.

SmokeRngs said:
Firefox for me. It's the only browser I have liked since Opera 4 or 5. Now that was a small fast browser that didn't use many resources. I still miss the speed of it. Opera also introduced me to tabbed browsing and mouse gestures. I can't live without either anymore. I think I'd go nuts without mouse gestures before tabbed browsing though.

The main things I would like to see change about Firefox is the memory usage and having the instantaneous forward and back like Opera. I really miss that from Opera.

Mouse gestures are very nice. Wish most of the browsers included that like the ever-so-popular tabbed browsing.

abudhu said:
Agreed, though Last weeks build was very buggy for me. The entire Widget System refused to work. I was a bit disappointed when they shifted the widget system over to something more similar to Mac OS, in that widgets live "outside" Opera. Rendering them (for me personally) utterly useless. I end up having to ask myself, "Why hit a button to see "xyz" widget, when I can just type/click the bookmark just as fast" I preferred it when the Widgets lived along side Opera in normal viewing space. :eek: O'well, Opera 9 Beta still rocks.

I would love nothing more than the ability to put widgets into Opera's toolbars or however. Yes, that black screen is kind of annoying.

opera for its speed and i've been using it since verion 6. Its hard to break the habit. I've tried firefox and I just don't care for it.

StickyLoad said:
opera for its speed and i've been using it since verion 6. Its hard to break the habit. I've tried firefox and I just don't care for it.

You should have tried the two versions of Opera before 6. They were a lot better in my opinion. I used 5 until lack of updates for security protocols and stuff like that forced me to a different browser. Those things were lean, mean and ready to scream. After 5 I was completely turned off on Opera's browser. I've tried 8 and 8.5 but they just don't do it for me like Firefox due to the lack of extensions. Firefox is so easily customized.

Opera for me, it's fast, customizable, and has given me no problems for years. Firefox is a close second but I keep going back to Opera. :)

IMHO

Back