What is teh best teh FTP Client?

MaXimus

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys.

I use FlashFXP to upload files to my FTP server. But it keeps disconnecting then reconnecting and resumin, but this makes the files take ages to upload.

Any other good FTP client out there that I can use?

I use FlashFXP all the time, and have often qued up over 1,000 files to be uploaded (Mainly small images for a website or product information) and have never had a problem.

What is the reason it gives for disconnecting?

SmartFTP is the best I've used. Prefer it over WS, Cute, and Bulletproof.

Used to use WS_FTP LE, now I'm using flashFXP just since it's a bit nicer looking.

The Donut said:
I use FlashFXP all the time, and have often qued up over 1,000 files to be uploaded (Mainly small images for a website or product information) and have never had a problem.

It just disconnects! no reasons given

i love the interface but I am gonna have to try some of the other suggestions posted here

I use Flash FXP and it works great. You have to setup the parameters for "If the file exists" though. For some weird reason when I'm downloading multiple files it always wants to grab the same file twice. So I set it to skip the file if it already exists and it's the same size. You can do this for both upload and download. I forget where the setting is ATM but this is most likely your problem.

The Donut said:

FlashFXP for the winner!

flashfxp is ok, but i've used UltraFXP for a while now (try to find the free version.)

I can't even remember what I'm using now, i'll look it up when I get home.

i use bulletproof ftp, server and clients. like em both, simple and does what i need

Does anybody know of a program that will connect to an FTP server then treat it as if it's a regular folder? Do you know what I mean?

At school, I can typed in the FTP address of my host, and once it connects, I just simply copy/paste files there and to my HD folders, very convenient, it doesn't actually open another program.

Windows Explorer in WinXP will do it. Just make sure the address bar is up, and instead of "C:\Program Files" type in "ftp://ftp.whatever.com"

Scoobydo said:
Windows Explorer in WinXP will do it. Just make sure the address bar is up, and instead of "C:\Program Files" type in "ftp://ftp.whatever.com"
Would teh file transfer speed be teh same?

Ok guys here are the results.......I tried the basic Windows Explorer but it was very slow and then evenetually disconnected my file transfer and I had to repeat all over again! :rolleyes:

So I tried FileZilla, and guess whaT? the connection is now stable! it stays at a constanst speed and doesn't disconnect!!!!!! Thanks alot for suggesting it! :cool:

I am teh happy teh u$3R now :) :D

Filezilla is the BEST FTP client I've ever used in the last 10 years. Plus its free, so you don't have to go hunting for cracks or anything silly like that if you are a warez d00d.

Back